Battery Problem Or Gp2x Problem?

So, is it ok to run the GP2X on a 4.5V supply? I have been since I got it (about two weeks ago) and not had any problems. Is does seem to crash when playing high quailty .avi files but I guess that's more down to the fact that my supply only does about 1500mA.

Thoughts?

Beware about moving those metal tabs . I did and all those tabs got picked off. I ended up putting springs in the battery bay, using a soldering iron to replace the tabs.

erm, any pointers as to were I could get a PSU? The one I have doesn't supply enough current and is pretty shagged. I'm in Spain as well (Mondragon, a small town) currently so I can't just nip to the closest electronics shop. I'm not having any luck finding a decent supply, the best I've found is a 3.3V 2100mA but that's 400mA short.........

Bluepixie said:
the best I've found is a 3.3V 2100mA but that's 400mA short.........
That should work. It isn't like the system is not going to work if you get 1mA too little, haven't people used something like 1000mA to power these things? Anyway 2100 would be more than enough if I am not completely wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it starts running from 3,4V and upwards, the LTSK is broken and needs to be replaced.
Usually it only breaks if you accidentally power it with an AC adaptor with wrong polarity or more than about 7V.
Could also be a not-stabilized AC Adaptor, as they sometimes tend to have higher voltages while you switch the device that's connected on and off.

I have that problem, only i am using 2500ma rechargeables. I thought it might be the batteries so i bought new ones. No luck, still didn't work. Tried my batteries on my friends's gp2x, worked for 3+ hours. On mine they don't last 3 minutes.
I tried brushing the contacts. No luck. The batteries fit fine, they are not loose.
The console used to work fine, then I stoped using it for a few months and when I tried it again I had this problem.
It's really hard to find a solution and all my google foo won't help because so many people use crap batteries including the original batteries and most posts regard that situation. It's not my case.

Please help!!!

Back