Bbc Corrupted

LHC said:
However, Ellie from Newsround is dead sexy. I want her.
Agreed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like bbc iplayer, but (and this is a big but) it uses some shitty p2p service from Kontiki. It leaves a process (kservice.exe) running in the background, which the average user would have no idea about. It just sits there uploading everything that you've downloaded. Now, this would be okay except:

A. There is no way to control upload limits (unlucky people on a limited bandwidth connection)

B. There is no 'official' way to stop it if you need to do something bandwidth intensive (like play a game for arguement's sake)

C. It doesn't uninstall when you uninstall iPlayer. Yup that's right. You have to use a program called KClean.exe for that.

I think that the BBC shouldn't have been so lazy and got some software developers of their own for this (Kontiki is used for Channel 4 on demand and Sky by Broadband too).

I applaud them for providing such great content (yes, they have WAY more stuff than other networks avaliable) but I'd rather they didn't let themselves down with such poor delivery. I'd rather not have more shit on my PC hogging my bandwidth thanks, BBC.

Back