Best budget e reader?

Discussion in 'Everything else' started by FaeMinx, Oct 8, 2018.

1. matzesu

matzesu Advanced Member

Was more a joke,
    Also the Uzi isn’t that good..
    i will need my Money for the Pyra
    And i don’t know if EBooks and Pyra is allowed in Jail,

SONY and levi like this.
  2. second exodous

second exodous Advanced Member

Waterproof would be really nice for travel, I've never gotten any of my electronics wet but it is always a huge fear of mine. I know the Nook isn't waterproof as I've seen it disassembled in videos before.

The H20 still has a light doesn't it? I can't stress enough how nice having a light is. You might not think you'll use it but it is really nice to have.

3. FaeMinx

FaeMinx Rainbow Liberation Instigation

Ah, now the Clara HD is exactly what I want.

Perfect size for me - I like small things. It looks just right from what I can see... Also love being able to alter the colour temperature... 8gb of storage is plenty... The price is also exactly where I want it to be.

... So apparently there are only certain countries they ship to (ordering from the Kobo site), and my country isn't one of them.

*Sigh*

I guess my only recourse is to find someone in the USA or UK willing to post it to me if I ship it to their address...

...At the end of the month I am going to visit my father who has been given two broken ereaders (I assume Kindles). He says if I can bring either back to life I can have it... So I guess I will just wait and see how that pans out...

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

4. matzesu

matzesu Advanced Member

5. spud42

spud42 Very Active Member

this!!!! mine doesnt have a light its an ECO Eclipse also sold under other brands. i dont think this one is available new any more . great during the day but useless to read in bed. a light is really a nice thing to have. e ink screens are great to read but a light would make mine perfect. its got a 5" screen and an SD card slot. this one but mine is white.
    https://www.cnet.com/au/reviews/eco-reader-preview/

6. ClockworkCoder

ClockworkCoder Chaotic Neutral

Or you could use a VPN (like Nord, for example) and then you can choose which country to connect via.

7. FaeMinx

Yeah, if I can get a free ereader at the end of the month with no light, I won't complain... but if I'm going to buy one, I think it's a must have feature!

The H20 does have a light... it just seems a bit pricey for me, and a touch bigger than I wanted... then again... if no solution is found by the holiday season, I may just settle on it and get myself the H20 for Xmas.

8. bluedeer

bluedeer Member

Unless they've changed them, last I checked the Kindle Ereaders should still support .txt files. I tend to convert mine from PDF to Text or Epub to Text because that way I can use them across multiple readers and they tend to load faster with less hassles. Though you will probably lose some of the prettier stuff. Calibre is good for converting book from one format to another as well in some cases that the Kindles can usually read.

ClockworkCoder likes this.
  9. Grench

Grench Forum Addict!

Free beats cheap every time.

So, what country is it that you are in that they won't ship to?

10. spud42

spud42 Very Active Member

i would guess South Africa as FaeMinx used R in front of the amount.. as far as i know R is Rand ,South African currency .

11. FaeMinx

Yup.

12. matzesu

matzesu Advanced Member

Today I tryed this famous Tor Browser out to look at Project Gutenberg,
    I found some 15 EBooks to download, i don’t know if I will read every one, as some are quite High Science, like the Book from Marie Curie about Radiation, but better to have than not have..

Grench, rSl, CommanderB and 2 others like this.