GP2X Best Dev Tools

gavinb2k

Still Fresh
Hi all,

I've been looking thru the download section and seen a few Dev tool chains or variations of, which one is best to use (when developing on windows and linux) and what specific files would i need if i wanted to use SDL?

many thanks

Just to clarify the question, do you want a setup that works in BOTH Linux and Windows or a separate tool for Linux and Windows?

yaustar said:
Just to clarify the question, do you want a setup that works in BOTH Linux and Windows or a separate tool for Linux and Windows?

;-) sorry,

i have windows and linux installed on laptop and would like to be able to have dev tools setup on both, i prob. wont work on same project on both os, but would be nice to have the choice.

thanks alot for replying

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using devkitgp2x for the GP2x and gcc+mingw with code::blocks under windows. After I blew up the default GPH SDK.

Works great, after you have setup everything right, but requires some tinkering to get it to work. Easest 'starter' bet is the GPH SDK IMHO, as that one works out of the box. (Yes, it's far from perfect with it's basic SDL library and total lack of other support libraries)

Works great, after you have setup everything right, but requires some tinkering to get it to work. Easest 'starter' bet is the GPH SDK IMHO, as that one works out of the box. (Yes, it's far from perfect with it's basic SDL library and total lack of other support libraries

i saw a few different devkitgp2x and wasnt sure which was best

Guyfawkes said:
For a windows setup you could try the one I done in the gp2x user guide. The main SDL lib (one file) is a bit out of date but the rest should be fine. You could always download the file from paeryns page and replace it yourself. If you are interested check out the user guide at http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,23,933 for the full details.

many thanks i shall have a look now, is the file from paeryns a more up to date sdl lib?

yeah grab the one at the bottom of his page "GP2X accelerated SDL - Up to 21MB graphics memory (8/11/07)" thats the latest build from today which also includes touch screen support. copy the two files from the download into their respective folders on the dev setup.

Guyfawkes said:
yeah grab the one at the bottom of his page "GP2X accelerated SDL - Up to 21MB graphics memory (8/11/07)" thats the latest build from today which also includes touch screen support. copy the two files from the download into their respective folders on the dev setup.

Hi, just to confirm, if i download the GP2X accelerated SDL and use the 2 files to over right the ones already installed it'll work fine? reason i ask being because the lib supplied is alot smaller than the one already installed.

Also how would i use the touchscreen support built into latest lib?

Back