Best Film Of All Time

if u want a good hack and slash go and watch Itchi the Killer, damn that movie is grousome. :blink:

or if ya guys like the gangster type movies watch the Dead or Alive Trilogy they rock! Taakshi Miike kicks ass!! B)

I can't believe how many are mentioning Romero's zombie films, I mean they're good but the best ever?

If we're going to go all highbrow check out anything by Akira Kurosawa, has any other non-English speaking director had so many films remade in English?

The Hidden Fortress -> Star Wars
Seven Samurai -> Magnificent Seven
Yojimbo -> For a Fistfull of Dollars (Sergio Leone was also a genius)
Rashomon -> The Outrage

Amazingly both the originals and the remakes are great!

thebluenewt posted on Mar 24 2004 at 04:00 PM said:
I can't believe how many are mentioning Romero's zombie films, I mean they're good but the best ever?
i was the only one...i think.

Last edited by a moderator:
yea 2001 wasn't THAT good it twas OK
Romero's films influenced many movies that you see today mostly just zombie movie obviously,
everyone needs to SLC punk B)

How about "Oh brother where art thou?"

Donnie Darko certainly rocks, though; personally I didn't rate it as one of the best films ever though...

bigSEXYc posted on Mar 24 2004 at 03:33 PM said:
if u want a good hack and slash go and watch Itchi the Killer, damn that movie is grousome. :blink:
Have u seen the Ichi Anime, its a prequel and its gruesomer ( Is that a word )
I love a different Takeshi tho, Kitano he rules except for in Johnny Mneumonic or something with Keanu Reeves

PS glad no-ones mentioned Matix yet (or at least I think they havent

I`m a sad git, But Robin Hood prince of thieves is a classic movie and it brings a tear to me eye. That Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio is one babe, Not one for all you young`ens though and she put up one serious fight, Phrowr. ;)

I`m not worthy, I`m not worthy.

Trooper

Requiem for a dream: not my all time favourite but a little known film that is really stunning and thought provoking.

It's about drug abuse and I read one reviewer that said when it finished he felt like he had just emerged from a plane crash. ( :p Its that good!!)

The music score is excellent and was written just for this film (has since been ripped of by loads of films/TV shows).

...Anyone seen it?

Oh, and loads of the above films I agree with (Koen Brothers films, Darko, Pirates etc etc.).

But has nobody yet mentioned Evil Dead 2 ?? :huh:

Requiem for a dream: not my all time favourite but a little known film that is really stunning and thought provoking.

It's about drug abuse and I read one reviewer that said when it finished he felt like he had just emerged from a plane crash. ( Its that good!!)
I watched that film on my own in a dark room ages ago, was kinda scared when I came out seeking my flatmates for consolement.

Can't say that I thought it was that great - very thought provoking and interesting tho.

Have you seen Pi by the same director? Another screwy film - top notch soundtrack too, I like this a lot better than requiem

As long as no-one says evil dead 3 is one of the best movies ever every thing is ok
No, but Evil Dead 2 is brilliant!!!!

Anyone seen the remake of Zatoichi (sp?) yet? I've heard really good things about it

mattmagoo posted on Mar 25 2004 at 01:29 PM said:
As long as no-one says evil dead 3 is one of the best movies ever every thing is ok
I've got in on DVD, if you think the original is bad you should see the director's cut, what was Sam Raimi thinking?

btw, any David Lynch fans here? I love all his stuff, especially Lost Highway & Mulholland Drive

Yeah, they're both good, shame second series of Twin Peaks isn't being released on DVD... :angry:

frolik posted on Mar 25 2004 at 01:39 PM said:
Have you seen Pi by the same director? Another screwy film - top notch soundtrack too, I like this a lot better than requiem
No, I've been meaning to though. Think I'll buy it on dvd as theyve got it cheap at play.com or somewhere.

Looking forward to hearing the soundtrack most of all.

Back