Best Film Of All Time

anyone seen Cube or Cube 2: Hypercube, they were odd, and im also a sucker for a bit of Indiana Jones

Back to chanting the words Iron Monkey in my head over and over whilst searching for the new DX version

mattmagoo posted on Mar 25 2004 at 10:03 PM said:
Back to chanting the words Iron Monkey in my head over and over whilst searching for the new DX version
I'm probably posting in thris thread a bit too much! :p

But why do you think Iron Monkey is so good? I mean I have it on DVD and it's decent enough, certainly better then Jet Li's recent efforts... but why all the silly hopping about with wires? Give me Bruce Lee any day!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just think its amazing, its funny osumtimes coz u can see how badly its done, the bit with the kid and the rice is good. And the "ure so ugly no wonder youre a virgin art"

I wouldnt say its the best film by any means but u can watch it over and over, although i still reckon at the end when they fight oin the poles the emporer should have cracked him in the gonads when he was doing the splits

Give me anything 'nam related (e.g. Apoc Now) or "road movies" anyday. Recent films I've seen in no particular order....

Go
The Way of the Gun
Traffic
King Pin
Event Horizon
Mothman Prophecies

... kind of a mix there then :)

Well I've finally seen Donnie Darko and it's totally done my nutt in! I thought Sixth Sense and Fight Club had unexpected endings but this one is a real WTF'er. Still don't rate it as my best film of all time but boy everyone should see it.

mattmagoo posted on Jul 25 2004 at 08:58 PM said:
if u want a film with twists and an awesome plot see Infernal Affairs, it is definately one of the most well thought out films I have ever seen
Yeah, great film. Looking forward to the sequels hitting these shores.

pah , they never will, i have just ordered em off CDWOW for £8 each (I have multi region DVD player)

My friend (who is chines) has seen em both and says they are very good

IA 2 is a prequel showing how they became moles

and IA3 shows what happens to Lau after he kill the other police officer in the lift (using the original ending, not the alternate one where the coppa is a real coppa not a triad member too and Lau gets caught)

mattmagoo posted on Jul 25 2004 at 09:42 PM said:
pah , they never will, i have just ordered em off CDWOW for £8 each (I have multi region DVD player)

My friend (who is chines) has seen em both and says they are very good

IA 2 is a prequel showing how they became moles

and IA3 shows what happens to Lau after he kill the other police officer in the lift (using the original ending, not the alternate one where the coppa is a real coppa not a triad member too and Lau gets caught)
Ooh, I didn't know there were version with English subs out yet. I'm off to CDWow.

mattmagoo posted on Jul 25 2004 at 10:55 PM said:
while your at it, order Battle Royale 2
Can films with subs be watched on GPcinema? I mean are the subs readable?

If they can im going to order Battle Royale 1 & 2.

Esn posted on Jul 26 2004 at 05:04 AM said:
Has anybody seen The City of Lost Children, by the same guys who made Amelie? It's worth watching! Weird French stuff. ;)
Whoa, that's a wierd coincidence. I was just trying to find that on DVD but only Amazon seems to have it at a stupidly high price... Ron Perlman = god

Big Lebowski

Brilliant film

Being John Malkovich

Its an amazing film in the way that such a complex story can be told with such ease

American Beauty

One of my all time favourite films. the artist direction is superb and the story it tells is unparralleled.

Truth About Cats And Dogs
A rom-com that was released a decent time before the trash that has now been released. its a good film about life and one i never get bored of

Pulp Fiction

tarantinos finest

Reservoir Dogs

if just for the tipping debate and story about the cops in the toilet.

Fight Club

brilliance

American history X

A gritty hard hitting film that leaves you feeling very drained

Office Space

THEY SMASH A PRINTER!!!111!!1!

Spun

An indi film about metho amphetiamines that merges live action and animation and is a joy to watch

frolik posted on Mar 25 2004 at 01:39 PM said:
Anyone seen the remake of Zatoichi (sp?) yet? I've heard really good things about it
Yes. It rocks. ;)

Back