Best Genesis/megadrive Sports Games

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Ok in case you haven't noticed, I like to do these various best of threads when I need something new to play.. This time its sports games for the genesis to give DrMD V2.0 a nice be-lated little celebration..well actually I just need something new to play :rolleyes: ..

anyway post your favorites of various types of sports with a small description and tell how they run in DrMD..

categories:

Baseball/Cricket(Included for all the brits here)

Soccer/Football(European)

Football(American)

racing(any racing game as long as its not kart style IE: has weapons)

Basketball

Golf

Tennis

any other sport I don't have listed here..

EDIT: I guess I'll let wrestling count as a sprot too for this one :lol:

Madden 98
NBA Jam Tournament

Couldn't get any NHL games working, so if you find any let me know :)

BaseBall stars is a nice Baseball game but its on NES

There is:

fifa soccer '95
pete sampras tennis '96
rugby world cup '95
olympic gold - Barcalona '92
micro machines 2
zany golf
skitchin'

All these run pretty much near full speed with sound (well i have not had any probs with these so far... :p)

oh and there is wwf royal rumble as well - but no sound.
rock and roll racing is also fun :)

NHL 98 doesn' t run on DRMD 2.0

My fav' sport sim is NBA Jam Tournament Edition, this game is so crazy!! NBA live 95' is cool too

so wait there is a modified version of this Dino soccer game that works on DrMD?

Been interested in this one for a while as it seems a lot of people think this is a really great soccer game... been playing FIFA (various years) but it's only okay IMO.

I used to love the Madden games on the Megadrive, bought every single one till they stopped doing them so i then got a PSX to play the new releases !

However on the GP32 i think the earlier Madden games are the best, Madden 93 and Madden 93 Championship edition are the best. Madden 94 and 95 all work well with the Genesis emulator but the graphics are pretty bad and the game doesnt play too well. Prefer those early original ones with the smaller graphics

On the Spectrum i used to play Headcoach tons, its a basic american football simulation where you trade players, draft players and go through a 12 week season, i used to play that tons as a kid and still like it now

Also Footballer of the Year on the Spectrum is another very good arcadey type game with some management stuff thrown in, pretty good

bast525 posted on Apr 6 2005 at 05:29 PM said:
so wait there is a modified version of this Dino soccer game that works on DrMD?

Been interested in this one for a while as it seems a lot of people think this is a really great soccer game... been playing FIFA (various years) but it's only okay IMO.

Yes, You can get it at Dino Dini`s homepage here.

http://www.abundantsoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=867

You do have to be registered with the site to be able to download though.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
aw crud I went and registered and went to download the game but the link is dead! the thread is like 10 mos. old so it makes sense that he's not hosting it anymore :(

this sux... Dino IS the soccer game that all you UK guys think is really great right?

Back