"different" Genesis/megadrive Games

Esn posted on Mar 24 2005 at 10:28 PM said:
[Ecoo the Dolphin (swim, fishy, swim!)

These two are HAAARD! :eek: They're both very fun, but Ecco may be the hardest game I've ever played! Thank god DrMD has savestates!

Ecco is a morning stroll in the park compared to Target Earth.

Target Earth is by far the hardest Mega Drive/Genesis game in existance, and i highly doubt that anyone has ever completed it.

Last edited by a moderator:
lubidog posted on Mar 24 2005 at 05:59 PM said:
Is Physic Pinball the greatest pinball game on the GP32? On DRMD, it's wonderful. There can be surely no greater pinball game anywhere....?
I believe you are actually talking about Psycho Pinball, which is indeed a very sweet game (runs awesome on DrMD). It's at least on par with Pinball Dreams, and it's almost certainly the finest, most visually pleasing pinball game on the Genesis.

It seems to run a little fast for my liking though, so I always go to options and set the speed to 'very slow'. :p

TelcoLou posted on Mar 24 2005 at 11:36 PM said:
lubidog posted on Mar 24 2005 at 04:59 PM said:
Is Physic Pinball the greatest pinball game on the GP32? On DRMD, it's wonderful. There can be surely no greater pinball game anywhere....?

Get Virtual Pinball. Made by the Pinball Construction Set guy, think his name is Bill Budge.

Anyway, it rocks ... tons of fun making your own tables too. :D

Okay, will do :D

shinneri posted on Mar 25 2005 at 05:14 AM said:
lubidog posted on Mar 24 2005 at 05:59 PM said:
I believe you are actually talking about Psycho Pinball, which is indeed a very sweet game (runs awesome on DrMD). It's at least on par with Pinball Dreams, and it's almost certainly the finest, most visually pleasing pinball game on the Genesis.

It seems to run a little fast for my liking though, so I always go to options and set the speed to 'very slow'. :p

I was, and I agree, v.slow is better. But I am in a save state on 30mill on the first ball on hard!!!! I'm going for the big one!

Been some fantastic games spoken of on this thread. This is what we have the GP for, actually playing the games. Could a mod merge this into the best genesis games thread? Just for me....? :)

Cant believe nobody mentioned Lemmings yet.
Lemmings are now fully playable - with sound and samples at right speed. Lemmings 2 Tribes worked well in previous version aswell, but they seem to be kinda hard for me.

Both are worth trying.

fifa, vectorman 1 and 2 earthwormjim2,outrun,superhang on,supermonaco gp,thunderforce2,3 cant get 4 to work twin cobra,urban strike,xmen2 clonewars and vapour traill are afew of my favs they all play well

There was a nifty Thrust-inspired game called SubTerrania which I remember being fond of. Wonder if it works...

Note to self - Buy sticky labels for SMCs...

Hmmm. Bit choppy but reduce the sound sampling rate a touch and up the clock speed and that fixes it. That's my Easter long weekend sorted then.

Incidentially yes, that avatar's a face. Mine. Having it described as an 'ass with two holes' does wonders for my self confidence, although admittedly an accurate assessment of the state of things.

Tippy posted on Mar 25 2005 at 11:56 AM said:
There was a nifty Thrust-inspired game called SubTerrania which I remember being fond of. Wonder if it works...

Note to self - Buy sticky labels for SMCs...

Hmmm. Bit choppy but reduce the sound sampling rate a touch and up the clock speed and that fixes it. That's my Easter long weekend sorted then.

Incidentially yes, that avatar's a face. Mine. Having it described as an 'ass with two holes' does wonders for my self confidence, although admittedly an accurate assessment of the state of things.

SubTerrania works but is rather slow (have not tried 166MHz though).
Also it is pretty difficult to learn to control it :)

Esn posted on Mar 24 2005 at 10:28 PM said:
Star Control  (cool strategy shooter. Had serious bugs in first DrMD, but may work now?)
There's no energy or life bar for any of the ships, so practically it's still not very playable.

PC version is now PD - urquan wars or something... its a 3do port!

Has anybody mentioned 'Ball Jacks' yet?

Very, very fun game that involves you controlling a mechanical crab on the side of the screen, and another computer controlled one on the right - You have 4 balls on the screen, 2 starting on each side, and have to try and get all of the balls on your side by reaching over, grabbing one, and pulling it over, while the opponent is trying to do the same to you.

You can also bash in the opponent with their own balls (Hehe....HEHEHEHAHAHA... :lol:) and force them to have to repair, while you steal them and win the round.

Dude Cabbages from these boards turned me on to these two games.... Puzzle and Action Ichidant and Puzzle and Action Tanto, both work perfectly on DrMD... think Wario Ware for the GBA/DS but with the minigames lasting more like 1-3 minutes each instead of only 5 seconds. Kinda wacky and quirky and very, very fun... They are Japanese games but most of the minigames are very easy to figure out, but not necessarily easy to beat.

Anyone who doesn't try these games and is any kind of fan of games like Wario Ware is REALLY missing out.

i tried "herzog zwei", but i think it doesn't work. the problem is, i actually don't know this game, so i'm not sure, if i made any mistake....

i also looked into the "gp32 compatibility list tracker", but i think i'm too stupid to use it. i can't find a list of games. the "view games" list is empty.

so, is there a working version of "herzog zwei"? or should i stop searching?

A question of anyone playing Theme Park on DrMD:

How the heck do you put the monorail, tube ride, or any other ride that requires building a track?

I can't seem to get it to work because every time I try to place any of those, it just gives me the Entrance/Exit part.. And when I try to place that, it says that track must be constructed before the Entrance/Exit can be placed...

"Herzog Zwei"

I knew I'd see that one here... I never got into it at the time but know people who enjoyed many an evening on it.

shinneri posted on Mar 28 2005 at 07:37 AM said:
A question of anyone playing Theme Park on DrMD:

How the heck do you put the monorail, tube ride, or any other ride that requires building a track?

I can't seem to get it to work because every time I try to place any of those, it just gives me the Entrance/Exit part.. And when I try to place that, it says that track must be constructed before the Entrance/Exit can be placed...

I can answer that one for you, press B button over the rides button in the menu and it will give you a small ride selection window - press A to build the tube/rail, then once it's constructed go back to main menu and press A on the rides button - then press A to choose the ride and it will place the entrance!

tada! took me a while to work out too.

While we're on the subject, do you know what the thought bubbles above the patrons mean? got a link to instructions/tips? :)

Back