Sports Game Recommendations?

markiej

Website
Visit site
I'm looking for a few opinions. I like handheld sports. A couple have easy answers, but a couple don't. I'll put my thoughts underneath

AMERICAN FOOTBALL
I found a tecmo superbowl ROM with '03 teams, NES only - I wish I could find an '05-'06 ROM for Genesis Tecmo.

BASEBALL
No idea whatsoever. I kind of like the neo geo ones. But they are kind of annoying with the commentator

HOCKEY
All set there - EA NHL 94 on Genesis FTW

BASKETBALL
No idea - lots of EA games on Genesis, but haven't figured out which one is best

SOCCER
No idea here either

TENNIS
no idea (activision tennis for atari comes to mind oddly enough)

RUGBY

CRICKET

POOL
Not exactly a sport, but it is on ESPN

That's all I can think of for now. Thanks for any and all answers.

These are some of my favourites and not nessasarily the best.

AMERICAN FOOTBALL
Any of the Madden games on Megadrive

BASEBALL
Neo Geo ones or RBI baseball on the Amiga

HOCKEY
Blades of steel on NES or Amiga... not the best but I like it

BASKETBALL
No idea here... I did like double dribble on the NES and Amiga even though it was terrible.

SOCCER
Sensible Soccer on SNES, Megadrive, ST and Amiga

TENNIS
Pro tennis tour 2 on Amiga also known as great courts II I believe

RUGBY

World Cup rugby on Amiga

CRICKET

Never played any but there are a few available on ST and Amiga, Graham Gooch Cricket springs to mind

POOL
I dont think Archer McLeans pool works on Megadrive, might work on picodrive, not sure, but it was also on the Amiga

GOLF
PGA tour golf on Amiga or Megadrive, more than one version to choose from on the Megadrive

AMERICAN FOOTBALL
Apart from Madden/Tecmo, Quarterback Club on SNES?

BASEBALL
Dolucky no Baseball on SNES :) Seriously though, Neo Geo or Hardball on c64

BASKETBALL
NBA Jam Tournament Edition on Genesis/SNES

SOCCER
Sensible Soccer on various, or ISS Deluxe on SNES

TENNIS
Super Tennis and Super Family Tennis (completely unrelated games) on SNES, Mario Tennis on Gameboy

RUGBY
ET'S Rugby League on Amiga and others, World Class Rugby '95 (or something) on Genesis, uses the isometric FIFA engine.

CRICKET
Brian Lara's Cricket (aka Shane Warne's) on Genesis, Super International Cricket on SNES

POOL
Side Pocket on Genesis/SNES, Jimmy White's Whirlwind Snooker/Archer Maclean's Pool on various

Others:

Speedball 2 on Genesis/Amiga
Summer/Winter/World/California Games on c64
Ballblazer on c64
Super Volleyball on PC Engine
Leaderboard Golf on c64, Mario Golf on NES/Gameboy, various great ones on Amiga, Irem Skins on SNES, there was a good one on Genesis too, Jack Nicklaus?
Dodgeball on NES (translated version)
Shufflepuck Cafe on Atari ST/Amiga
Konami's Table Tennis/Ping Pong on c64

I have one thing to say. Baseball Stars 2 for the Neo Geo.
Can't get enough of that game.

Get Baseball Stars for the NES, not the NeoGeo. Doesn't look as good but is by far one of the best baseball games I've ever played. People STILL talk about even though its been out for nearly twenty years. Has some RPG elements too where you can build up your team and players. I still don't think I've played a better baseball game, and that's with all the fancy graphics nowadays.

Back