Best Music Player For Gp2x?

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
I tried GMU as a music player, and the sound quality was pretty fuzzy on a few of my mp3s. These were CDs ripped to 192 average VBR off of my CDs, and they sound great on my PC, so I don't know why it was like that off of my GP2X. Other MP3s sounded just fine.

Is the unofficial version of Oldplay any better? What about CraigAmp?

Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Classic Team said:
I would use MP2x. It runs MP3, OGG, and WAV files.
Isn't this mainly a movie player?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a way to exit gmu? Sorry, I just haven't figured it out and have to restart every time i'm done listening to music. Thanks! Also, I used gmu-setup to enable turning off of the backlight, but it never does. I have a f200, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

GMU uses stick-click for several of its functions. stick+start exits the player. Stick+select turns off the screen and locks the buttons (except for the same combo to unlock, and vol +/- if you so choose in the setup).

All this is of course in the readme :) and you can also always see at the bottom of the screen what buttons currently do what. Press stick to see the display change.

Also, if you don't like the stick click as "shift", you can change that (or any other key mapping, for that matter) Check the readme for details.

Thanks, I switched it to the no_stick keymap in gmu.conf, and I read the key map and it says that the modifier is switched to L, so I hold down L and hit home, it exits, which is great cause I couldn't do that before. And now when I hit L and select, it goes into hold mode, and pressing buttons are ignored until you press it again, but the screen backlight doesn't turn off, is there something I'm doing wrong? Thanks.

Back