Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Conker's Bad Fur Day (actually N64)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rico

Certified Guru
Website
Visit site
I'm chronically bored, waiting for an HSBC guy to get back to me. I have a lot of half-finished games that I'd like to complete but don't know which to choose, while also I'm interested in what game you guys think is best out of the selection. So vote away!!

Personal notes: on Vice City I've got all the packages and gotten to the point where only hard as nails, sucky missions remain. Doom 3 I'd prefer to play when the new PC arrives, but meh.

i voted for vc without reading the post, i have a load of games too i have yet to finish, my brother just keeps getting them.

This is great. Every vote has been for a different game :lol: At least that proves that the poll is well balanced ;)

Yuglooc posted on Sep 2 2004 at 08:41 PM said:
ultima 7, if you can get it to work with a new comp, tell me, cause i cant get it to work...
You're in luck. Two methods: either run Exult (my method) as it emulates the game really well from what I've heard, and this is my first play; I haven't had any problems with it. Or you can use special Windows XP drivers to get the original game working flawlessly (you'll need VDMSound). Use this if you have save games from the original, because Exult doesn't seem to support them.

declaration posted on Sep 2 2004 at 08:43 PM said:
Phastasy Star 4 is what I'm playing at the moment.

Its quality. One of my favourite RPGs.
How far along are you? I've hit the second space station (after you visit the ice planet) but haven't played for about a month and a bit due to exams, and then failing to get back into it.

Last edited by a moderator:
No question, Fallout 2. One of the finest games I've played ever, I think. Personally, well... Fallout Tactics I did find fun, but you're right, it wasn't Fallout. It was an intensely strategic game though - if you prefered that kind of thing. I don't.

Pity nothing yet has surprassed the Fallout series (in terms of 1/2) in post-apocalyptic cyberpunk RPG settings. Then again, I think it would be pretty hard to surpass Fallout.

Those who liked it like myself should, btw, try Arcanum. Think Fallout but with magic, set at the turn of the industrial revolution, and with some very very detailed cities. Now *that*'s a good game.

I had a go at Fallout 2 a long time ago. I remember being sickened by the graphics, and found the combat (a battle against countless ants in a generic maze) really quite boring. It was like Diablo but turn-based. I quit for dinner after merely 15-20 minutes of gameplay, thinking I'd pick it back up afterwards. I didn't.

However so much good has been written about Fallout 1/2 that I feel I should revisit it. It possibly gets more enjoyable ;) In the meantime I got all the packages on Vice City, but die every time I get into the military base. Just realised - I need to wear a cop uniform.

Back