Best PS1 Games that work well in PCSX ReARMed

andmaz

So far tried RType delta, Colin McRae Rally, Resident Evil 2 and Future Cop.

They all appear to work well but what else is worth trying?

Anything Mega Man. :p Aside from Mega Man 8 (or its Japanese version, Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes, if you'd rather avoid the very horrible English dubbing), I very highly recommend the very overlooked Mega Man Battle & Chase, in particular.

People make the mistake of thinking that it's a Mario Kart look-alike, but whilst it's still an arcade-style racer, it's actually much less cartoonish in its handling (for example, you have to be mindful of not accelerating into corners, and what parts you've put on your car, and things like that), and has the interesting hook of taking parts from the losers' cars. It doesn't play like Mario Kart at all. It's also more challenging, and not from cheating AI, at that.

For what it's worth, it would probably be easier to list what DOESN'T work well in PCSX-ReARMed, where it's so widely compatible. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look here.

Personal favourites that work well are :

Dodonpachi

Wipeout 3

Einhander

Internal section

PCSX ReARMed is a real gem in the Pandora Software crown. My guess is it is far superior to playing PSX games on the PSP / Xperia Play.

PCSX ReARMed is a real gem in the Pandora Software crown. My guess is it is far superior to playing PSX games on the PSP / Xperia Play.
Well, it's certainly far superior to playing them on a real PlayStation, so that's not too far a stretch of the imagination... :p

Tenchu stealth assasins

silent bomber

metal gear solid

siphon filter 2

street fighter ex +alpha

driver

edit.How the heck did i forget to mention V-rally 2.Such a great game.proper 2 player splitscreen racing really makes it.

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen

Bust-A-Move 2 Arcade Edition (never got that to work on the PSP, btw)

Suikoden

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night

Some good recommendations - one things for sure PS1 emulation makes the Pandora a must have device.

Crash Bandicoot plays great on the Xperia play but the Pandora controls are that little bit better and the screen is bigger making the experience awesome!

One more question - if you could only ever play one PS1 game then what would it be?

Revelations: Persona and Persona 2 are great games and work fine.

If i could only play one game?: Parasite Eve. Exciting action and just enough RPG for a great story.

If i could only play one game it would be Tenchu stealth assasins.Awesome game with nice asian flavoured music too.

If I could only play one, it would be Mega Man 8 (or Rockman 8 - Metal Heroes, if I was wanting to avoid the horrid English voiceovers). It's one of my favourite games in the entire series. :p

That is a tough question..., but if I had to pick only one PSX game I'd probably have to go with Jumping Flash! 2.

If i could only play one game it would be Tenchu: Stealth Assassins.Awesome game with nice asian flavoured music too.
to Wrath of Khan: Tenchu: Stealth Assassins would come in at a very close second for me, especially with the fantastic debug mode code!!

p.s. You may likely already know about it, but if you can read Japanese you may want to look into Tenchu Shinobi Gaisen(basically it's Tenchu: Stealth Assassins + a mission builder<-something like the mission builder that was in Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins).

Revelations: Persona and Persona 2 are great games and work fine.

If i could only play one game?: Parasite Eve. Exciting action and just enough RPG for a great story.

Which BIOS are you using, i am trying to get Revelations: Persona to work and it hangs at the checking for memory cards screen.

Which BIOS are you using, i am trying to get Revelations: Persona to work and it hangs at the checking for memory cards screen.

Damn, looks like i'm mixing Persona 1 and 2 together in my memory, i guess it's just Persona 1.

Back