Best Rom Format For Psx4pandora?

Brockway said:
Wow, PSP Popstation eboots will work? Thats great, those things save a ton of space, plus I've already got some converted (FF7, Xenogears.)
Same here. PSP eboots are a good format and I also have some of them converted.

Last edited by a moderator:
quadomatic said:
How small are PSX games compressed to eboot files?

It completely depends on the game, but it's a little bigger than what you get by compressing the image to a straight ZIP.

eboots are nice, how hard would it be to implement a converter to take PSX isos and rip the Wavs and FMV and encode them with Vorbis/Theora and have the emulator play those files accordingly?

Going down to 90 MBs for some games would be really nice. I am very happy eboots work though, as that is better than nothing.

Thanks Tinnus.

Phawx said:
eboots are nice, how hard would it be to implement a converter to take PSX isos and rip the Wavs and FMV and encode them with Vorbis/Theora and have the emulator play those files accordingly?

Very very mega-hard to impossible since the emulation actually works at a lower level than "play this audio or video file", sorry. It's more like "decode this block of data into video" and then someplace else completely different "output this image to screen" which is all controlled by the game that's running. Patching that would require understanding the works of the games which is a bit too much IMO.

Back