Better MP3 Player?

Cpt_Kirks

Is there a better mp3 player than the included one? I know several people are working on players.

A cool interface would be nice, but just the abilty to play different bit rate files and a random play selection would be enough.

I agree (though I believe the current mp3 player has a random play option), and posted the same question in the idea's forum. I've given it all a thought and I've come up with the following wish-list:
- different bit-rates
- output selection (rock, jazz, that sort of thing)
- if not an output selection some sort of way to boost the bass. I think the bass is too soft right now.
- a screensaver where the screen turns off when you use the hold option
- choice between ID3 names or filenames (longer filenames than 8 chars would be excelent)
- using L and R buttons to select a track
- a way to play the following mp3 without a second of silence in between

I think this is probably too much to ask for, but who knows.

The other one that i use is GPFM, with this one you can act on the sound (louder bass, music seems cleaner...)

Your question is "is there another better MP3 player ?" and GPFileManager IS also another mp3 player, and i really think IS BETTER... Can't say more, there's no other MP3 player out there for the moment... so it's basically the only alternative, or try to make work MPGPM or Media Player GP... :p

I've played the same MP3 on two GP32's. One with the normal mp3 player and one using GP File Manager. They both sound almost the same but when I change the sound setting of GP File Manager it actually get's worse. The filters are a nice try but don't improve the sound quality. Guess I'm back with the normal mp3 player.

I use perfectly good headphones, but I've tried the file manager again this morning. I don't know the problem yet but the current mp3's gives a scrambled sound in the file manager. As if the mp3 is ripped wrongly. The normal player however plays it without a problem.

I must admit the file manager's mp3 player is better than I claimed before. I think it's a good base for an optimised mp3 player. I do wonder if the file manager runs at 44mhz or higher? If it runs at 133 the battery's will die quicker.

Back