Mp3 Playback Problem

Demonix

I've had my GP32 for quite a while and stopped using it as an MP3 player due to loads of problems. The main problem being that the in-built MP3 player could not cope with certain formats (for example Mono, 32kbps bit rate, 22Khz Audio). I looked all over for a MP3 player that would support this but I was unable to find anything.

As many months have past .... does anyone know if theres any MP3 players for the GP32 that support different types of MP3s? Or can anyone suggest any software which I could use to convert them?

Thanks

Demonix.

i would convert all the mp3s to ogg vorbis, they are way smaller and there are cool players out there for it - ya gotta try GPAmp and/or Sv0rbis

i would convert all the mp3s to ogg vorbis, they are way smaller and there are cool players out there for it - ya gotta try GPAmp and/or Sv0rbis
That would mean a recompile, true ??
.. hmm, i guess the quality of the sound would really suffer
Making your own .ogg from a cd would be better

Last edited by a moderator:

I tried that, but my files got just bigger and lost some quality.
And it takes to much time to convert mp3s (if you have a lot).

So I do not recommend it, but it can be that I`m using a wrong encoder.
But it would take to much time, so I wouldn`t do it anyways, I rather keep my music mp3-format.

Last edited by a moderator:
well one song takes about 30 seconds with DBPowerAmp to convert from mp3 -> ogg on my 1,2ghz @ 256mb ram machine ;) that really isnt that much.
and i dont think the quality suffered... just choose in the options -> keep the same quality as source file...

Back