Big Gonzo Gp2x Review

I like the review. Pretty entertaining and unorthodox (well gonzo, duh!)...

has two 200MHZ processors
That's 240Mhz.

Sure, there are homebrew games out there for the GP2x but ask yourself this question: Would you rather play a game written by one guy in 2006 and a budget of pizza and coke or 100 people in 1996 and a budget of 3 million?
LOL*

I don’t ask for much... but 30 seconds of warning that the GP2X needs a change would be a start.
That's why the red led in the bottom right corner is for.

One more thing, in your review you showed a photo of two Duracell alkalines, and never once said that the GP2X needs rechargeable Ni-MH batteries to get decent battery lifetime. You did say the word "rechargeables" once though, but that was slightly out of context.

* Don't forget that your comments about homebrew games granted you an asswipe status at least in my eyes. That's not a way to get welcomed here. People invest their personal time and effort to distribute you entertainment free of charge, and this is how you repay them?

- Alex

"Would you rather play a game written by one guy in 2006 and a budget of pizza and coke or 100 people in 1996 and a budget of 3 million?"

Are the dates the wrong way round??

He's talking about homebrew games versus NeoGeo or something. Even if he did exaggerate his numbers, his ignorant point stands tall.

- Alex

well I wouldn't take it so serious. Take it with a grain of salt, since the whole article is basically written for entertainment. It's not directly insulting also. It's more of a funny remark about the choices you can make. Either play homebrew or emulate an old system... I don't see the quality of games compared by budget of pizza versus 3 million bucks...

I won't get angry about it either, as the whole review seems hilarious and pretty much tongue-in-cheek all the time :D

In fact I find it hilarious pretty much all the way throught.

By far the most entertaining and overall best written review for the gp2x. You are a great writer.

LordFu posted on Aug 18 2006 at 03:43 PM said:
That's pretty funny. I like the part about how Korea "comes in two versions".

Edit: LoL@nickspoon

"Secret" nuclear (nucular as GWB says ;) ) ? They aren't too secret when the north Koreans say that they are building them. Funny anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
really good.

must have been well happy with it to write such a glowing report.

get sum decent Ni-MH's in there!

LordFu posted on Aug 18 2006 at 10:43 AM said:
That's pretty funny. I like the part about how Korea "comes in two versions".
Edit: LoL@nickspoon

Definitely LMAO on that one. Had to call the spousal unit in the room to read it.

Alex. posted on Aug 18 2006 at 01:51 PM said:
He's talking about homebrew games versus NeoGeo or something. Even if he did exaggerate his numbers, his ignorant point stands tall.

- Alex

Hey Alex

I have nothing at all against homebrew - I have made my own homebrew/freeware/shareware games myself:) Its just a matter of economics and productivity. Im sure tehre are some HB games for the GP that are much better than most "big budget" games from a decade ago, but defo not all:)

Mat

chiefsmurph posted on Aug 18 2006 at 05:30 PM said:
By far the most entertaining and overall best written review for the gp2x. You are a great writer.

Ha! Thanks very much:)

Mat:D

otakuL posted on Aug 18 2006 at 06:46 PM said:

I am I am. 12 * 2500 from Hong Kong! :)

Yono said:
MatYadabyte posted on Aug 19 2006 at 03:53 AM said:
otakuL posted on Aug 18 2006 at 06:46 PM said:

By the way, you mentioned GIMP and OpenOffice. I THINK (haven't tried it myself) that Gimp and Abiword already work (see http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?s=&am...st&p=437041 ).

Wow. That sounds awesome doesnt it. Do you need the breakout board for typing, you should be able to connect one USB device direct perhaps?

Mat

Back