Big Rigs Port?

Razahyder

Still Fresh
I think big rigs should be ported to pandora for comic relief. But it should have these features.

Faster loading times
In the options menu their should be a realistic environment option which fixes the following things*-*-*-*-9.0 KNOWN GLITCHES-*-*-*-*-*
-You can go through everything.
-You can go over water.
-You can go through bridges.
-There are no boundaries, you can cruise through purgatory.
-You can go through your opponent.
-There is no limit to the speed you drive at.
-You can stop almost instantly.
In the options menu their should be 3 car movements options will not work, will work till the finish line and fully workable com
You could take the graphics option to high
You can race with up to 4 cars in single player
Multiplayer
An option that allows all cars to have backs
An option which allows cops.
An in game manual and guide which would give this sense:

1.1 STORY
The story of Big Rigs: You are an omnipotent trucker, transporting illegal
goods. Get to the end before your opponent who is apparently asleep,
and you're winner! But if your opponent gets there first
(Which is impossible even with the patch, as even with the patch your
opponent stops right before the end), the police will get you!

An last but no least this:
Play as the computer
To play as the computer, press tab during a race to switch your controls over to the computer. However, if you switch controls more than twice, your game will crash.

ROFLMAO ... uha... long time since i did that.

Somehow it kinda looks like you are serious. Yeah, let's get the worst game ever made (unanimous verdict btw) ported to pandora :)

Thanks for the info though. It was fun to read up on this again :)

"[...] This whole fiasco is clearly the work of some evil force, hell-bent on taking your money and using it to fund Russian Mob ventures of varying degrees of illicitness. What is perhaps most disgusting of all is that this game actually sold copies. More copies, in fact, than more than half of our finalists in the Best Game No One Played category. With news like that, it's hard not to lose all faith in humanity--which, incidentally, is another thing we're pretty sure the developers of this game wanted. [...]"

I feel very very very sorry if you are one of those who actually bought a copy. Had i bought a copy i would for certain never buy games again.

You're Winner

I have an unopened copy of it sitting on my shelf. Someday it will be a collector's item. :rolleyes:

Don't expect it to be released before summer 2009. So is anyone going to port it or tell me how to?

Try emailing the original developers and asking whether they would be willing to provide you with the source code :p

Lakers said:
How do you port games into pandora?
First of all, you would need the source code of the game: Ports require source code!

But why would you want to port of one of the worse (if not the worst) video game ever?
I know you are free to do whatever you want with your time, but really..
You could develop a better game or have fun learning how to code something yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
BaDToaD said:
Lakers said:
How do you port games into pandora?
If you have to ask it's beyond you.

Ps I don't mean this in a nasty way.

Yeah, its not like you just throw the source code into a converter, or even an ARM compiler. You're going to have to make changes to the code and such, so you'll probably need to know your way around C++ fairly well.

Now if you want to learn C++, that's a different story:

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html

It helps to be familiar with an easier language first, like Java. It's not too difficult to go from Java to C++ as Java's syntax is very similar to that of C++. I was learning C++ a month ago so I could try making stuff for Wii, but I lost interest. I don't think I'll pick it up again either.

u9i said:
CyruzDraxs said:
I have an unopened copy of it sitting on my shelf. Someday it will be a collector's item. :rolleyes:
That's true. How much did you pay for it?

There was a bargain bin at my local Future Shop selling about 20 of them for $5 each. I decided I'd buy it as a joke and see if it ever actually becomes valuable. :D

i get the reason for porting it, but why would you want to fix the bugs?
the 3000 mph backwards doughnuts are epic!

Can it at least be modded using the PC. And isn't their anyway to make the source code yourself. Or at least make a game that looks just like it using some game engine?

Lakers said:
Can it at least be modded using the PC. And isn't their anyway to make the source code yourself. Or at least make a game that looks just like it using some game engine?
That would require you to MAKE THE GAME. Source code is the code for the game.

Good gawd. It should be obvious to you at this point that porting the game is far beyond you. I'll explain this to you:

1. When someone wants to make a game, they have to MAKE IT, meaning they have to code it! The original code for the game that is compiled to get the final product you would install on your computer is called SOURCE CODE.

2. Big Rigs is a PC game, meaning it runs on the x86 CPU architecture. The Pandora uses the ARM architecture. In order to use something on the x86 architecture on the ARM architecture, you would need the source code, you would need to edit it, and then you would need to compile it for the ARM architecture.

The source code is not available for Big Rigs. Not only that, even if you had the source code, it is fairly obvious that you wouldn't be able to edit it and compile it for the Pandora.

What you described in the post above, would be making a clone of the game yourself! Since you don't have the skill to port the game, it should be fairly obvious that you wouldn't be able to make the game on your own.

I'm sorry this is so disparaging, but there is NO WAY you, or anyone else, will get the actual Big Rigs game working on Pandora. And I don't think anyone else wants to make a clone of Big Rigs...

Someone, please help! We have a LOLfiles on the loose!

Yeah, porting a game with no source code available.... hmmm.

quadomatic said:
8<--SNIP-->8
What you described in the post above, would be making a clone of the game yourself! Since you don't have the skill to port the game, it should be fairly obvious that you wouldn't be able to make the game on your own.
8<--SNIP-->8
Oh, come now. If anything, I think the fellow has shown that he has the exact same coding skills as the Dev team accused of responsible for Big Rigs.

Back