Bit of a nub calibration issue

Blue Protoman

So I boot up my Pandora. Fine. I calibrate my nubs by doing the nub-dance. Also fine. Except when it's not; sometimes when I do the nub dance on bootup, the calibration (at least for the left nub, dunno about the right) seems to lock in one direction, typically up or down. When I leave the nub alone, the cursor doesn't move, but when I move it, it favors whichever direction's locked in. If I move it left, the cursor will usually move down-left. When I move it up, the cursor hardly moves. Etc, etc. I do NOT touch the nubs on bootup, by the way. Also, only a reboot fixes this. Any solutions?

...sometimes when I do the nub dance on bootup...I do NOT touch the nubs on bootup, by the way...

So which of these statements is true? not trying to be picky but it might help with fault finding if you provide a slightly clearer description of what you are doing.

OK. DURING bootup (that is, the process of loading everything, progress bar, etc.) I do not touch the nubs. The moment the cursor appears, game on.

definately play with your nubs while it's loading up, so they'll be nice and tango-ed out by the time you need to use them for somethign other than dancing

When this happens, go to the nub settings and put them into joystick mode, and then run op_test_inputs to see if the nubs are actually reporting their full range of motion or not.

Back