Bit Of Help For A Mate

As a Canadian I'm not entirely certain I should be filling out this survey, should I? Seems to be geared towards people in the UK.

As a twit, I've done it!

Some of the payback time numbers seem super high though. I remember reading at school that Wind Turbines only take 6 (or was it 18?) months to offset the energy cost of building them. I suppose the figure in the survey includes profit margins, non-energy related costs, and not being in decent, windy areas though.

Yeah, I did the survey too but I'm those numbers are higher than any I've heard. 55 years for solar water heating? Damn! Is that because we live in a cold climate so solar power's not as good?

Meant to come back and say the studies closed now. The payback rates were taken from previous research, all averages of typical set ups in the UK.

Thanks to everyone that helped!

Not doing too bad these days Trooper what about yourself? I still lurk here a bit but the forums seem to have died down a lot :(. I guess theres just too many open handhelds on the market these days, not like when the GP32 was king lol.

finty said:
Meant to come back and say the studies closed now. The payback rates were taken from previous research, all averages of typical set ups in the UK.

Thanks to everyone that helped!

Not doing too bad these days Trooper what about yourself? I still lurk here a bit but the forums seem to have died down a lot :( . I guess theres just too many open handhelds on the market these days, not like when the GP32 was king lol.

As a semi regular, I have no idea what is happening in open source handheld consoles right now. The confusion of it all probably isn't helping anything :S

Last edited by a moderator:
Back