Black Screens' Most Of The Emuls'

Most of the emu's require a little bit of setting up. They should all come with readme files in them that describe what to do. Have fun!

Step 1: Read the Readme that came with the emulator.

Step 2: Visit the wiki and the faq.

All sensible questions have already been asked, if you don´t find it answered anywhere, chances are that the gp2x is not for you.

Have fun!

Da Fixer posted on Sep 30 2006 at 08:16 PM said:
squiresnes wil not run i read the readme and i can not find the problem :s
There isn´t even an emulator that is called like that <_< .

Look, it seems you can´t even write, so i think you should learn that before you try to get the emus running.

Seeing how bad your spelling is, you probably stored your roms in sd:\romz\sners\ or something

Last edited by a moderator:
Fishbong posted on Sep 30 2006 at 08:31 PM said:
Da Fixer posted on Sep 30 2006 at 08:16 PM said:
squiresnes wil not run i read the readme and i can not find the problem :s
There isn´t even an emulator that is called like that <_< .

Look, it seems you can´t even write, so i think you should learn that before you try to get the emus running.

Seeing how bad your spelling is, you probably stored your roms in sd:\romz\sners\ or something

sorry for my bad spelling :blink:. my reading is better then writting in english, my spelling in dutch is also not so good at al :unsure: and i mean Squidge Snes 0.37 and i found the problems :D

Problem 1:
I rename the SpuidgeSnes folder from Squidgesnes 0.37 to Squidgesnes and now it wil startup the emul
:D :D

Problem 2:
the readme is outdated! :angry: it say's:
Choose a directory on your SD card and unpack the archive directly to it.
Copy roms into the "roms" directory. Note that the "skin" and "roms" directory
must be present in the same directory as the executable (squidgesnes.gpe)

when i try this the emul say's no files @ sd:\roms\snes :blink: so i move snes roms from
sd:\spuidgesnes\roms to sd:\roms\snes now wil also load roms :D :D

so it's not my error but the outdated readme ;)

Ok, in the SquidgeSnes options menu, there should be an option called something like "use fixed directories" deactivate this option and you can manually browse your SD card for roms

Seems to me that you just need to take abit of time to look at what the configuration options are in the emulator and in the config files. Once you understand them every app u 'install' u can check if it requires a certain directory structure and most of the time change em to what you want =)

That squidgesnes readme should be fixed though. It confuses noobs, so they will snap, totally resignate and start cutting themselves with razorblades oO...

Da Fixer posted on Oct 1 2006 at 12:28 PM said:
squidgesnes works very good
but Super Mario World runs to fast :blink:

well... Too fast is better than not enough :)
You can easily slow down the beast by decreasing the frameskip or downclocking the processor (or any tweak like those).

Back