Blog Post.. China New Years? I Thought Made In Us?

Holy crap, if every blog post I do starts turning into a "oooh, will that delay everything more" or "April? March? February?"-Thread, I shouldn't do more blog posting...

Final date should NOT be delayed by the chinese new year, as the mass production of the boards will probably take longer than the cases anyways.

And does it really matter, if there is one more month to wait? Really? Couldn't we just get over this "oh no, one more week"-stuff and accept "when it's done!" as the release date?

emcp said:
WoD said:
warmi said:
You need to chill out … big time.

"chill out" is a politically incorrect term to which I take offense on behalf of the Inuit people.

The term "politically correct" is now also unacceptable, you should use "socially aware."

I cannot emphasize enough that this sort of idiocy needs to be pointed out as soon as possible. How can we exist in harmony and form the basis for a utopian society if people from the socially ignorant generations of past refuse to acknowledge a need for increased social awareness. Pretty soon, these people will have crushed our tolerance of others so finally that we will descend once again into a feudal society of tribal warfare.

STOP THIS NOW,

someone locked this
i do we always have to go offtopic

ps(your an animal, humans arnt particularly special, utopia wont come, fuck off )

lol... successful troll is successful. :D
gj dude. :p sigged. :D

and I just hope it gets to me in time for my birthday... july...
if not, i'll be sad. you wouldn't want that, now would you devs?
:p

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
Aside from the Case it's all USA.
You should really push this once Pandora is available to the public. "Made in America" will go a long way to sell it to the Western hemisphere at least.

nikkopt said:
PS: Acer is chinese. MOST of their products are both design and manufactured in china ;P
Not sure if this is a joke or not. Their products aren't nearly as good quality as most of the other manufacturers. I purposely avoid their computers because of this.

nikkopt said:
PS: Acer is chinese. MOST of their products are both design and manufactured in china ;P

yeah good example of great build :blink:

3 acer laptops,
1 of which, had to be sent away to get either reformatted or refurbished, (im pretty sure it was hardware), btw the laptop contained work for university, which ended up having my sister fail Uni, ad see had to graduate in december

1 of which has been through so much i couldnt possibly post its history, although the main current problem is the battery is ****** up, everytime its plugged in, the computer freezes, this also caused me to have to reinstall windows in an attempt to see if it could be corrected (didnt know it was battery at time), it froozed overheated and shutdown during installation, it wouldnt stay on long enough to reinstall, which meant down to my cousins to get fixed (pretty sure he just replaced the HDD with one with XP already installed onto), which caused me to lose 40gb of HDD space

and 1 of which came preinstalled with vista, need i say more

also i dont claim to be an expert about manufacturing process, infact quite the opposite
anyway i think i misunderstood the fact that the CNC one will be made of the same material as the final one, and not that god damn awful rough material seen in videos

Amen to that. Even Microsoft categorically concede that Vista is a steaming pile of tepid donkey feces.

Windows 7 is actually based on Ubuntu and uses a virtualization layer to support non-native applications. They've finally managed to rip off every feature of OSX including a complete removal of native backwards compatibility.

emcp said:
almost all windows labtop being sold come with vista now so I don't see how you can criticize them for that. if they are so bad shouldn't have bought the second and third.

WoD said:
Amen to that. Even Microsoft categorically concede that Vista is a steaming pile of tepid donkey feces.
Actually, calling it that is insulting to the Donkey and it's feces... ;)

Windows 7 is actually based on Ubuntu and uses a virtualization layer to support non-native applications.

Uh...NO. Well, at least not with Windows 7. All they did was polish the turd a bit with Windows 7.

All bets are purportedly off with Windows 8.

They've finally managed to rip off every feature of OSX including a complete removal of native backwards compatibility.

That, and quite a few of the Linux features.

The only missing link between OS X and Linux in many respects is X11 or the X window system. Which to me, says that OSX is Linux. I wonder which existed first and who ripped off what once a certain company realized they were charging way too much money for a rebranded PC with rebranded Linux OS. On a lighter note, I am happy to see that things ARE in fact still on schedule. I think that at this Point Craig and ED would come out and tell us if they suspected a delay. Why not, they have done it in the past when they incurred a delay. No news or interesting news doesn't necessarily mean bad news. My apologies if this invites the trolls out of their caves, but perhaps it would be prudent to realize this is a product never made before and relies on the collaborative work of so many. Each new blog post, regardless of any potential to be misconstrued has always delivered on one thing: progress. What else can we expect?

@svartalf would that make WoD a speciesist as well X.x ROFLBBQMNWVDVD!!!

fact is ubuntu is including wine in the future and will probably be faster than windows... even though itself is bloated as all get out

KDE4 rrraaaaaahhhhhhh .... when will it end!!!! they need to gut it out and make it fast this so called rework they did has done nothing more than break compatibility for a slightly flashier interface that is totally borked

.... no wait what was the topic again? ... so since the case is CNCed in china will it still have made in china engraved on the bottom.. that would be epic fayl there heh at least it could be filled in an recnced stateside if nesseceary and that is assuming the final MP CNC case is not made in the US

EDIT: 97.8% of the post is random BS move along please :)

We are probably looking at saying it's made and designed in multiple places, just like Apple.

How about 'Made in Texas, Designed on the Internets!'

Well I just recently figured out how to install KDE3 in Ubuntu 8.10, and it freaking made my day. It's on Google somewhere, you just have to add a couple of deb lines to your sources list and apt-get kubuntu-desktop-kde3.

As for Windows being based on Ubuntu, I think that was a joke. Somebody somewhere actually said Microsoft could legally do something like that, but I'm sure if it's still legal or what, since the GPL has updated recently.

Made in Texas, designed on the web. Awesome, I think I could get a few friends to buy just because of that.

craigix said:
We are probably looking at saying it's made and designed in multiple places, just like Apple.

How about 'Made in Texas, Designed on the Internets!'
+1 (for serious, but it has to be just like that, lol ;])

Frogboy said:
nikkopt said:
Not sure if this is a joke or not. Their products aren't nearly as good quality as most of the other manufacturers. I purposely avoid their computers because of this.

Not a joke :p I wasn't stating that Acer was good. I worked on an Acer repair center (only laptops), the only one in my country (in fact, it was going to substitute a spain one too..). Needless to say that i was amazed about how crappy they were. Some models came out with a fail rate higher than 60% due to a stupid board design. Even later revisions of those boards had lot's of problems. Apart from the hard drive, the board is the most problematic component on an acer laptop, followed by the LVDS cable, the inverter cable and some misc plastics. This was 2 years ago, i don't know if they are better now. One thing that improved over the time was the case material and design. This new models are pretty good with their cases.

PS: for comparing purposes, i also worked on a fujitsu-siemens repair center a couple of months too, and apart from the hard drive again, the most problematic components were non fujitsu-siemens made (mem sticks, inverter, optic drive)

anyway, i'm sure pandora won't be getting a crappy case :huh:

My Nokia N800 is actually 'Made in Finland', believe it or not..

WoD said:
Welcome to the thread for racist bigots and/or idiots.

Because if you have the common conception that products produced in China are generally not of quality, you are a racist bigot AND an idiot!

warmi said:
I cannot emphasize enough that this sort of idiocy needs to be pointed out as often as possible because if we let these brainwashed children of a Politically Correct Age have their way, pretty soon nobody will be able to discuss anything without being accused of some sort of racism/sexism/xxxism.
oh and look... someone whining about political correctness. you're no better.

WoD said:
warmi said:
You need to chill out … big time.

"chill out" is a politically incorrect term to which I take offense on behalf of the Inuit people.

The term "politically correct" is now also unacceptable, you should use "socially aware."

I cannot emphasize enough that this sort of idiocy needs to be pointed out as soon as possible. How can we exist in harmony and form the basis for a utopian society if people from the socially ignorant generations of past refuse to acknowledge a need for increased social awareness. Pretty soon, these people will have crushed our tolerance of others so finally that we will descend once again into a feudal society of tribal warfare.

HILARIOUS dry wit bro :rolleyes:

WoD said:

Windows 7 is actually based on Ubuntu and uses a virtualization layer to support non-native applications. They've finally managed to rip off every feature of OSX including a complete removal of native backwards compatibility.

now you're just failtrolling

Back