Blu+ Launcher: Any Way To Order Files?

alyinsanfran

Website
Visit site
I love my Blu+, the launcher is (almost) perfect.
I would like to be able to re-order the icons so instead of the first ones being the latest installed on the card, they'd be the most frequently used. At the mo' I'm having to scroll through a few screens to get to caSTaway.
Is there any way to do this without flashing the rom?
The only way I could think is to backup the card onto my mac, format it and copy back everything in reverse order of importance.

Also, any suggestions for an app' to change the icons?

Thanks!

i understand what your saying and have often wondered this myself, I know your asking to do this without a flashing, i'm sorry I don't know the answer to that, BUT, if you're interested, the firmware that I use, its Aquafishes, and its old but great, its like version 1.3 or something, it is one of his first firmwares and i don't know if his newest version you can do the same thing but, you could create a .ini file so when the GP32 booted, before choosing a firmware you could have Castaway as an option so basically you could choose Castaway without even going into a firmware, or you could also choose to boot straight into Castaway so as soon as you turned your GP32 on it would load Castaway and then to get to a firmware you would power on the GP32 and keep SELECT held down.

I haven't tried this, but maybe changing the timestamp of the files would do?!?!
(dunno how to do that on a mac - possibly 'touch' on Mac OS X)

If you want to be able to change both the icons and the file order why don't you use a file launcher like YAFL? You don't have to flash your GP32 to use a different file launcher, just run the fxe (although flashing isn't difficult, just flash to a firmware that can autoboot other files and you'll never have to flash again)

umm.. he never said he wanted to change the icons ;)

anyway.. you could just remove the CaSTaway.fxe file then put it back on.. You wouldn't have to reflash the card or even delete your roms

tekt5 posted on Feb 16 2005 at 12:22 PM said:

anyway.. you could just remove the CaSTaway.fxe file then put it back on.. You wouldn't have to reflash the card or even delete your roms

Yep, that's exactly what I did. Moved all the FXE's to my desktop, then copied them back one by one, starting with the least important ones. Worked a treat.

Last edited by a moderator:
alyinsanfran posted on Feb 16 2005 at 05:34 PM said:
Also at any suggestions for an app' to change the icons?
tekt5 posted on Feb 16 2005 at 09:22 PM said:
Maybe it just looked that way then :)

And if he meant: an application to change the file order the answer has been given too: use a different file launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back