Bluetooth Internet Connection Problem

MarkoeZ

arr matey?
Website
projectinfinity.org.uk
received my pandora today!(woohoo!)

Now im trying to get it on internet using bluetooth. with the standard program it easily finds the phone, and recognises it's internet connection. then i select a number for the connection folowed by PANU (00:17:83:8D:0E:10 PANU)

Now i can load one page(or not even that) and then the bluetooth connection drops between devices, individually still on though. Phone still sends and receives, but pandora just seems to lose the conection.

tips anyone?

Cheers!

MarkoeZ said:
received my pandora today!(woohoo!)

Now im trying to get it on internet using bluetooth. with the standard program it easily finds the phone, and recognises it's internet connection. then i select a number for the connection folowed by PANU (00:17:83:8D:0E:10 PANU)

Now i can load one page(or not even that) and then the bluetooth connection drops between devices, individually still on though. Phone still sends and receives, but pandora just seems to lose the conection.

tips anyone?

Cheers!
No clue... you seem to have got further than me with your bluetooth tethering adventures... I've not had much luck at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bump, but did anybody get bluetooth internet to work? if so, did you encounter problems while getting it to work? and if not, where did it go wrong for you?

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

MarkoeZ said:
Sorry to bump, but did anybody get bluetooth internet to work? if so, did you encounter problems while getting it to work? and if not, where did it go wrong for you?

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

I have been able to do it. My phone has to be in very close proximity to keep the BT connection. Here is my experience so far. I've been using it daily.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54384-bluetooth-tethering-dun-assistance/page__p__880776__hl__tethering%20assistance__fromsearch__1&#entry880776

xopher said:
MarkoeZ said:

Cheers!

MarkoeZ

I have been able to do it. My phone has to be in very close proximity to keep the BT connection. Here is my experience so far. I've been using it daily.

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54384-bluetooth-tethering-dun-assistance/page__p__880776__hl__tethering%20assistance__fromsearch__1&#entry880776

Ah thanks. My phone has a built in internet sharing option (i tried both WMWifiRouter and the standard program) and since it is so close to working, i figured it should be possible.
But i'll try it this way as well. I'll report the progress.

Cheers!

EvilDragon said:
Seems like a software issue where someone already posted a patch

Needs to be included into one of the next hotfixes though.

Ah ok. Looking at that page, i suppose it's not something i can fix myself. Looking forward to that hotfix then ;)
And thanks for the reply, can stop searching now (hate wasting time)

Cheers!

Edit: and nice link, useful stuff there!

Edit2: Seems ad-hoc wifi is listed bugged too, that explains the other WMWifi issue :( i should really get proper internet here...

Back