Release BTDUN - Bluetooth modem connections made easy

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
Hopefully finished PND to connect to Bluetooth devices with modem capabilities, like many Cellphones/Smartphones for example.

I started working around an idea of Neelix (here) but I upgraded the thing and made a PND with this differences:

- Make you choose one device from the already paired ones on the Pandora
- Doesn't write to NAND (the scripts and even the configuration files will remain on the SD)
- Asks only 4 informations before a (NEW) connection: the number to dial, the APN, the Username and the Password (these info are then saved and retrieved for the future connections from the same device)
- The same device can have multiple configurations (but you need to edit manually the configuration file)

The configuration file is "/media/<yoursdname>/pandora/appdata/btdun/devices.conf" and it's a simple list of "Address - DialNumber - APN - Username - Password"

To make a multi configuration for a single device (maybe to use different SIM), just use the same Address but with the new parameters in a new line.

Instructions:

1) Launch BTDUN

2) Select "Start a connection" (then will be asked the admin password)

3) Select the device to connect to (the list contains the paired devices, if yours is not in list just CANCEL, pair it in the normal way and restart BTDUN)

4) Insert the number to dial (you must know it from your operator), this will be asked only on the first connection

5) Insert the APN (you must know it from your operator), this will be asked only on the first connection

6) Insert the Username (you must know it from your operator), this will be asked only on the first connection

7) Insert the Password (you must know it from your operator), this will be asked only on the first connection

8) Enjoy your internet navigation

9) Disconnect either from the Phone or launcing BTDUN and selecting "Disconnect"

Other info:

If you don't know the APN for your operator maybe you can find it HERE

The default Dial Number is " *99# " but this can change according to the operator AND/OR your Phone (for example in some Sony Ericcson devices you need to use something like " *99***1# ", where the "1" means to use the first configuration in your phone)

I need to add Username and Password entry cause I can't try them (are not requested from my operator)...

UPDATE:

- username and password managed
- documentation
- new icon

*** WARNING ***

If you tried the previous version please delete the
"/media/<yoursdname>/pandora/appdata/btdun/"
directory

UPDATE [ver 0.2.0.3]:

- Bluetooth activation is now automatic (it doesn't ask anymore), and it will be automatically disabled too at the end of the session if it was started by BTDUN.

- Some minor interface improvements.

*** WARNING ***

Please be sure to delete the previously wrong named file "ptdun.pnd", if you update with PNDManager it should be deleted automatically.

Download on the repo: BTDUN

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

- username and password managed

- documentation

- new icon

*** WARNING ***

If you tried the previous version please delete the

"/media/<yoursdname>/pandora/appdata/btdun/"

directory

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks PowerGod :)

My Pandora is connected usually with WiFi, so never paired Pandora with a phone, but i think it will usefull for others.

Thanks PowerGod :)

My Pandora is connected usually with WiFi, so never paired Pandora with a phone, but i think it will usefull for others.

I also use always wifi, but for two times I had the need of a connection out of home... the first time I was clueless, so I did nothing, and after returning at home I added the Neelix script for future use... BUT the second time I needed it was AFTER A REFLASH !!! ...so I was AGAIN without a connection script... :eek:

Now luckily I have this on the SD and I don't fear anymore to loose it or it's configuration ^_^

mmm... if I can just make it work, maybe in the next update I will be able to add Bluetooth DUN connections to Network Manager... :rolleyes:

UPDATE [ver 0.2.0.3]:

- Bluetooth activation is now automatic (it doesn't ask anymore), and it will be automatically disabled too at the end of the session if it was started by BTDUN.

- Some minor interface improvements.

*** WARNING ***

Please be sure to delete the previously wrong named file "ptdun.pnd", if you update with PNDManager it should be deleted automatically.

Back