Boots then displays nothing

agent_orange

Still Fresh
Apologies if already posted, but Im in Siberia & therefore using my mobile.

Had been using my Pandora fine up until now. However every time it tries to boot, once the Angstrom splash has gone, I get a black screen. Presumably it is at the login screen. The green light is on and if a insert an SD card in, the respective green lights flashes. All suggesting that the Pandora is fine. I wonder if this was caused by me starting up with the screen/lid closed.

So far I have tried reseting by pushing the Pandora button & flicking the power switch. Also pulled the battery out, and also tried running without the battery - but no cigar :( It seems stuck on the previous session.

If you didnt install any of the Hotfixes you might want to try turning up the brightness. Its a bug that was fixed in the first hotfix. I highly recommend installing HF4 anyway.

Forgot to mention that HF4 is installed. I read about that bug before so tried turning up the brightness. Still no luck unless im not doing the brightness correctly

Hm, seems like something is broken in login... you could either try booting without an SD Card (it might hang if the SD Card has some errors) or reflash the unit.

I had something similar. I didn't manage to track down the problem, but as I remember it was fixed by replacing /etc from my working OS (for me it was a copy of the OS on SD that failed)

Also forgot to add that I tried with the SD cards out, but did not anticipate this would make much difference as my cards do not contain anything relating to the O/S.

I managed to resolve the problem in the end. *Presumably* I logged in blind, then put the Pandora into power save (green light dimmed) then fired it up. In the past I have found when I do this I have to press a button or shake a nub to complete the procedure - not sure if this is normal. Anyway I repeated this and bingo got my display back YAY! :D

Back