Broken Nub?

MooTheKow

I've seen all the info posted about faulty nubs - though I'm not sure I have gathered reading any of them of the specifics of what is broken. I think the nubs on my unit are bad (were fine at first tho). Pushing 'up' on my left nub isn't working right. For some reason if I _very_ lightly touch it I can get it to move up the screen -- however if I actually press the nub up as if I were normally using it then the mouse cursor will actually move down.

Is this due to faulty hardware - or am I just missing something/needing to reset something? I've tried restarting my pandora (and even gone as far as removing the battery) - and it still exhibits the same behavior.

I'm really sorry to reply to this with questions, but;

Have you done the Magic Nub Dance during boot-up?

Has it suddenly felt looser, at all?

Does it return to the centre correctly?

Borked nubs are basically completly unusable, the mouse drifts everywhere, and the nub never centres. There is a clear difference in my opinion between nubs that have a bit quirky calibration and nubs that are borked. Mine is physically borked its very obvious.

i'll upload a picture of it tonight

Prometheus said:
I'm really sorry to reply to this with questions, but;

Have you done the Magic Nub Dance during boot-up?

Has it suddenly felt looser, at all?

Does it return to the centre correctly?

I have done the 'magic nub dance' during boot-up. Basically press the nub in each direction a couple times, go around in a circle.. generally make sure it gets pressed in every direction, correct?

So far as it feeling looser - I'm not really sure. In all honest I haven't even used the nubs all that much so far so don't have a huge basis of comparison. I guess I'd say maybe a little bit?

It does seem to center correctly (i.e. I let go of the nubs and the mouse cursor just stops moving).

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, I should be more specific: When I say about it centring correctly, I mean physically, although I guess from what you say that it must be doing so.

The reason I ask is because I encountered the same symptoms on both of my units so far, shortly before the left nubs failed. (One of them would have the mouse pointer moving left if I pushed the nub right, for example.)

Prometheus said:
Sorry, I should be more specific: When I say about it centring correctly, I mean physically, although I guess from what you say that it must be doing so.

The reason I ask is because I encountered the same symptoms on both of my units so far, shortly before the left nubs failed. (One of them would have the mouse pointer moving left if I pushed the nub right, for example.)

It does seem to physically center after use.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back