Beta Bos Wars

bompo

Still Fresh
Bos Wars is a futuristic real time strategy game (RTS). In a RTS game, the player has to combat his enemies while developing his war economy. Everything runs in real-time, as opposed to turn-based games where the player always has to wait for his turn. The trick is to balance the effort put into building his economy and building an army to defend and attack the enemies.

Touchscreen doesn't work in game but it's playable with the nurbs configured as mouse input.
I cross-compiled the current svn code and used the maemo port to remove the opengl dependencies.

PND

boswars.jpg

bompo said:
I cross-compiled the current svn code and used the maemo port to remove the opengl dependencies.

I was wondering how you might have removed the opengl stuff. I find it humous and annoying that the dev's would go far enough to make opengl optional but not include a way of not compiling it out,
But im glad you knew about the maemo, cause i had plans to manually take out the opengl ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool.

I will have to try this, thanks for the port.

Nice port 640 x 480 looks so sharp on the Pandora.

This game is great! Too bad because it doesnt work with touchscreen! Can someone fix this?

Will try this later. I waited for a port of this. Good work!

Tried it and it works surprisingly good. The touchscreen works, but it has the sdl bug. Maybe DJWillis patch can help here.

Glad to hear that man! I can't wait to play real strategy game on touchscreen! I feel like a real commander xD Can you tell me something that DjWillis patch? That will fix your sdl bug? After you update your game and fix that bug please add BOS Wars to Pandora App store or OpenHandhelds, so we can download and enjoy it!

Here is the link to the fix:
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56923-using-custom-cursors-in-sdl-windows-without-touchscreen-issues/

Necrofenser said:
So will u fix this error with DJWillis patch and upload game?

Easy man, I don't have the sources with the openglstuff ripped out and don't want to do it again. But I hope bompo will do it whe he has the time.

I don't know if it is because you're not a native english speaker or whatnot, but you have a very demanding, unpatient and annoying undertone in your postings.

Hi, I finally have my pandora, and this game is the first I installed! I use the pnd from the appstore (11/1/2011). I noticed two things:
1. Black bars on the sides, but if you set the screen size in the options, they disappear. I think the aspect ratio is not set correctly. This must be a boswars bug...

2. You can use the touchscreen fine if you set the following environment variable: SLD_MOUSE_RELATIVE=0 . This makes playing much more comfortable ;)

Back