Both full size USB ports not working

Funny side effect USB3 is working even when the other 2 ports are not...
Yes it is the same thing with me. The 3.0 port always works but the other ones don't always work.

Hmm after Second and Thirt Boot..USB down not work more here too.
Seem that first Boot was Luck.
It seem like to be in a Buggy State.
Maybe the USB Chip do have a Software Crash..i will try to get The Battery out for 5 Minutes and then try again.

I have a fix action that works for me, repasting this from my post the modem thread:
I think I figured out 1 issue that may or may not be the cause. Turning the device off and immediately on (At least for my US 4G Pyra) causes several error messages in the kernel buffer/dmesg output that say:
ehci-omap 4a064c00.ehci: port 2 reset error -110
repeated several times followed by:
usb usb1-port2: Cannot enable. Maybe the USB cable is bad?
Googling the error number -110 reveals something wrong with usb device resume after a suspend, and recommended waiting 5 minutes before turning back on what device (server, laptop, etc) you have.

So basically the following is my ritual to bring back the modem:
1. nmcli radio wwan off
2. Turn the pyra off
3. *Listen to this to pass the time*
4. Turn the pyra on
5. nmcli radio wwan on
6. Wait 1 minute
It works.

Further googling reveals a miriad of omap ehci initialization issues so I share with you what I think is the most likely candidate because:
1. It mentions running "usb start" during uboot which the pyra uboot does
2. It mentions the fix causing a regression in OMAP 5
I am not a developer/programmer and have no idea what that commit/patch does so this post may be little more trustworthy than gas station bathroom graffiti.
OMAP EHCI issue link: https://marc.info/?l=linux-usb&m=134098423528415&w=2
Obviously you don't have to do the nmcli stuff for the modem, it's just powering the pyra off for 5 minutes that fixes it.

Edit: I've just read the post above mine, looks like Nikolaus and the other guys in the mailing list know what they're doing.

Last edited:
Back