Braing Age My Mini Review

itsme

I was lucky enough to get a GDC copy of BrainAge, which seems to be a full game, although it says it's for demo only on the back.

It's a unique game for many different reasons.

It doesn't look impressive whatsoever graphically and some will find it blend, while it's geared for more adult and functional.

The game will make you use your brain more than probably 90% of the games that you've played in the past that mostly requires your reflex.

The game follows the recent Nintendo style of games that you can play it in bite size without having to invest hours before getting to the next save point.

It's not an exciting game that I will be playing for hours and lose sleep over it, but it's got a more subtle, I may call it an adult, appeal to it that made me come back everyday to train my brain and check my progress. It was kinda weird because I wasn't impressed by the game and said meh to it when I first played it, however I found myself playing it everyday. I don't know how to explain that.

Unfortunately, this is one of those games that some of us will probably not even give it a try thinking it's too low for them. At a budget price, however, I see myself playing this and TetrisDS long after I'm done with other more flashy blockbuster titles.

[edit] the voice recognition and hand writing recognition are not perfect, but usable definitely. I think hand writing recognition is better than the ones on my Axim or Sony PDA.

Back