Brick?

jonkan

Still Fresh
i tired to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.0.
but some thing went wrong. i folovd some guids and started to install 1.0.1 insted.
dident work either. its booting up, the green screan "loading v1.0.1" is showing.
then nothing. some can help me?

sorry for my por english

/Johnny

jonkan said:
i tired to downgrade from 3.0 to 2.0.
but some thing went wrong. i folovd some guids and started to install 1.0.1 insted.
dident work either. its booting up, the green screan "loading v1.0.1" is showing.
then nothing. some can help me?

sorry for my por english

/Johnny
Why in $deitys name would you want a 1.x firmware?
What you should try is follow the steps to install firmware 2.0 (as long as you haven't fried the uBoot, you should be safe from bricking). And remember; use a power adapter or fully charged batteries! You don't want a power loss while flashing ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Zider said:
Why in $deitys name would you want a 1.x firmware?
What you should try is follow the steps to install firmware 2.0 (as long as you haven't fried the uBoot, you should be safe from bricking). And remember; use a power adapter or fully charged batteries! You don't want a power loss while flashing ;)
in a guid i followd they rekomended 1.x firmware.
whow do i know if i "fried" my uBoot?
when i boot up;
1. black screen whit Gp2x logo.
2. green screen whit Loading and gp2x logo, firmware 1.0.1.
3. nothing hapends after that.

to install 2.0.
download it to an SD card, then start & select and start?
is that right?

MVH Johnny

jonkan said:
in a guid i followd they rekomended 1.x firmware.
whow do i know if i "fried" my uBoot?
when i boot up;
1. black screen whit Gp2x logo.
2. green screen whit Loading and gp2x logo, firmware 1.0.1.
3. nothing hapends after that.

to install 2.0.
download it to an SD card, then start & select and start?
is that right?

MVH Johnny
Yeah I believe so, there should be an instruction file along with the firmware..

Your boot loader is fine if you get the green screen with firmware version number. So, nothing is bricked...yet. Definitely download 2.1.1 firmware from archive.gp2x.de and install that. Just put all the files on the root of the SD card and put the card in the GP2X. Turn on the GP2X while holding START+SELECT. Firmware upgrading should start. Make sure you will not run out of power during this process.

Also, make sure to run the patches that come with the firmware once the GP2X has fully booted. Run the file named gp2xupdate.gpu.

EDIT: There are no instructions that come with the firmware. There really should be but they dont. Post any other questions you have if the above does not help you.

linoleum13 said:
Your boot loader is fine if you get the green screen with firmware version number. So, nothing is bricked...yet. Definitely download 2.1.1 firmware from archive.gp2x.de and install that. Just put all the files on the root of the SD card and put the card in the GP2X. Turn on the GP2X while holding START+SELECT. Firmware upgrading should start. Make sure you will not run out of power during this process.

Also, make sure to run the patches that come with the firmware once the GP2X has fully booted. Run the file named gp2xupdate.gpu.

EDIT: There are no instructions that come with the firmware. There really should be but they dont. Post any other questions you have if the above does not help you.

dident work :/
dosent start the upgrading. gona try whit another SD card tomorrow.
i chekt in the list for a card that works whit 1.0.1.
i have a "scandisk transflash" in a SD adapter.

MVH Johnny

linoleum13 said:

2.1.1 is not a full firmware, it's only an upgrade for 2.1, which is an upgrade to 2.0.

Zider said:
linoleum13 said:

2.1.1 is not a full firmware, it's only an upgrade for 2.1, which is an upgrade to 2.0.

Crap...you are right. My mistake. He needs 2.0.0 or 2.1.0 then.

you may have got yourself in a situation there, 1.X has much worse sd compatibility than 2.x up, especially on firmware upgrading, so you might be stuck for a bit.
If you cant get it to update with your sd card try to lend another one from someone and try it with that, also try formatting the card and just put the update files on there.

Vimacs said:
you may have got yourself in a situation there, 1.X has much worse sd compatibility than 2.x up, especially on firmware upgrading, so you might be stuck for a bit.
If you cant get it to update with your sd card try to lend another one from someone and try it with that, also try formatting the card and just put the update files on there.

dam i buy a Scandisk 512mb today, but it dident work :/
http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/SD_card_compatibility
this list says that it shold work! damit!
nothing works for me!

some one haves some ides?

Back