Bricked My Fist Edition

saboteur

Since my headphone socket fell off, i've not used my first edition, but I just sent my other 2X to ED for the Joypad fix and decided to dust it off.

So I inserted the batts and all I get is a slight change on the screen and the LED's light up.

I tried re-installing the firmware, but never get anything but the above mentioned symptoms.

I think it's bricked, but I don't know why or how it can be fixed.

If anyone can help I'd be gratefull - cos i'm missing my 2X fix. :(

You might could try cleaning off any corrosion from the battery terminals... I think I remember reading something about that way back when...

i bricked my psp on monday , i took it back to smyths toyshop and told them it wasnt working , they just changed it ...lol....the thing is my psp comes second to my gp2x for gaming ...and im feeling the need to get the psx emulator friendly firmware running on my now brand new psp...do you think i should risk it lol....

fatdad posted on Mar 30 2007 at 06:18 PM said:
i bricked my psp on monday , i took it back to smyths toyshop and told them it wasnt working , they just changed it ...lol....the thing is my psp comes second to my gp2x for gaming ...and im feeling the need to get the psx emulator friendly firmware running on my now brand new psp...do you think i should risk it lol....
Yeah, I prefer my 2x any day over my psp, but that said, the psp psx emulation is supurb on the psp and thats all I really use it for (other that gba, but thats getting excellent on the 2x now) so I would upgrade to the correct firmware, but it is scary, I s**t myself everytime I have to do it :rolleyes:

I have sent my 2x to Evil Dragon for a dpad mod so im stuck with my psp at the moment, but damn am I missing my 2x. :(

@saboteur - I wish I could help, but I can't, its weird how it's bricked itself all on its own? I know this is obvious but have you tried fully chargeing the batteries or booting without the sd inserted?

Last edited by a moderator:
fatdad posted on Mar 30 2007 at 09:18 AM said:
lucky bastard! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for not replying earlier.

I've tried freshly charged batteries and it makes no difference.

I get no output via serial cable either, when booting - just a dead 2X :(

Anybody fix these bad boys or am I just going to have to use it as spares ??

cheers

Sounds like you might have lost UBoot... it's really quite easy to fix if you can connect using JTAG but that'll require a special cable or the BoB...

If you’re in the UK I’ll take a look at it if you want.

I will normally unbrick units if people cover postage and make some sort of charity donation.

Your unit sounds like things may be a little 'off' as GP2Xs seldom brick themselves from lack of use ;) but all sorts of interesting issues used to plague the 1st editions (shame really as my 1st edition got scavenged for parts years ago). I am happy to take a look if you want.

Back