Close Call

Destructo2000

Website
Visit site
So today I was riding my bike just listening to music on my GP2X. When I got home, I pulled it out of my pocket, but by accident, I only grabbed the headphone cable and this is what happened:

I had the headphone cable wrapped around the GP2X so it unraveled as the GP2X began to spin. Then when it reached the end of the headphone line, the cord pulled out and it fell about a foot and a half to the cement *ouch!*.

I instantly picked it up and plugged the cord back it to make sure it was ok, but the sound wasn't playing. I tried turned the screen back on, but it wouldn't come back up. SO I turned it off and then back on and it booted fine. I tried running some MP3's but the sound was crappy and I thought I had screwed up my 2X. However, after I unplugged the headphones, it worked fine. I got another pair of headfphones and the sound was good again. So as it turns out, I screwed up the headphone jack and not the 2X. I do have an ugly scratch on the back of it though. :( So the lesson of the day is, don't drop your 2X like me and get all freaked out.

So today I was riding my bike just listening to music on my GP2X. When I got home, I pulled it out of my pocket, but by accident, I only grabbed the headphone cable and this is what happened:

I had the headphone cable wrapped around the GP2X so it unraveled as the GP2X began to spin. Then when it reached the end of the headphone line, the cord pulled out and it fell about a foot and a half to the cement *ouch!*.

I instantly picked it up and plugged the cord back it to make sure it was ok, but the sound wasn't playing. I tried turned the screen back on, but it wouldn't come back up. SO I turned it off and then back on and it booted fine. I tried running some MP3's but the sound was crappy and I thought I had screwed up my 2X. However, after I unplugged the headphones, it worked fine. I got another pair of headfphones and the sound was good again. So as it turns out, I screwed up the headphone jack and not the 2X. I do have an ugly scratch on the back of it though. :( So the lesson of the day is, don't drop your 2X like me and get all freaked out.

If it was a PSP, you'd be crying right now.

Not that I hate the PSP or anything, just not very durable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I dropped mine like 2 feet down onto the couch (thank God) and now my batteries jiggle around and restart the damn thing :angry: . But then again I either bend the metal back that holds the batteries in or put a cut out piece of felt in their which works to. So I guess I'm lucky.

i nearly spilled a drink on mine while loading in some roms...missed it by an inch,,sad thing is it went flying over my keyboard and my pc crashed after a million things happened on the screen...had to reformat to get it to work wright , it seams to have deleted some files....and that was friday..tears....

Last edited by a moderator:
I've dropped my 2x and my GBA many times. Luckily they're tough little buggers. I don't think a PSP would last a week with me. A friend of mine dropped his PSP onto his wood deck, and that was all it took to ruin it.

Back