Bricked :(

tony11

Still Fresh
I decided to dig my gp2x(b ) out of retirement so i could give it to my nephew to play around with, decided to run the update from 3.0 to 4.1 half way through there was a power cut. Whern everything came back on again, i tried the gp2x(b ) and to my joy, all i get is a black screen (the power light still comes on tho'), is there anyway to recover from this?

Oh, sorry to hear that.

Well, that does sound a bit like a bricked GP2X. I've never had any experience like that, but the wiki offers helpful information on how to unbrick the GP2X. It may be a bit complicated in your case, since you don't get a logo screen... (maybe someone with a cradle here may offer to fix it for you?) Here it is.

Edit: Noticed another thing... your unit is an F-100 ( B ) right? From what I recall, to upgrade from FW 3.0 to 4.1, you have to flash the unit with the previous 4.0 . Then you can do the 4.1 upgrade.

If you recover your unit (really hope so), you may want to try the community-made Firmware Open2x, it's very nice and fixes a lot of things. (Don't worry, this one is much less likely to brick units)

Back