Brief Answers to the Big (Pyra) Questions

gpsqueeek

Very Active Member
Ok, Guitarix is now installed, and i made a quick test run (Whitout Guitar), at least its load the GUI, but i get some Errors because it cant connect to the Jack Server?
Its also got an Option where you dotnt need jack..
If you need to install Jack, I suggest you also install qjackctl to get a GUI for jack. I'm curious to see if you can get this to work, I use jack along with FluidSynth (anf Qsynth for the GUI) to generate MIDI sounds using my MIDI hurdy-gurdy, I'd love to use the Pyra as the sound generator for it (I mean when I get my Pyra, which will take quite some time I guess, as I am around 1000) !

ible

professional vim user
jack is "better" for lower latency stuff, but you can try it without and see if you notice anything off

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Some spezial Instruments, like Hurdy Gurdy, or a Backpipe, on the Midi of the Pyra, this might be cool....

I got once the need to buy a special instrument: This was my Acustic Bass Guitar, but now i stick whit the normal Guitar..

I dont know how much time i get this evening, at least i want to test out if this works whit the Pyra, and Video maybe tomorow..

Some Year ago, i played a bit whit the Guitar Intervace on the Iphone, and its Screen was much too small, so i had a small need for an Macbook because i though these Musik Maker Programms might work best whit them, but then i never bought one,

Now my Plan is to get used to the Pyra as my Main Computer..

matzesu

Forum Addict!
Staff member
Ok i even used alsa Mixer but nothing happened,
I Changed the record device to the irig hd2 , but when I opened up the Jack, and clicked on connection, it didn’t found anything.. Also it got some server connections error,
I wonder what’s wrong..
But it’s should be the same as on a normal Linux, so maybe someone used jack and guitarix and could explain how to setup?

spud42

Very Active Member
in a terminal type lsusb
that should list all USB devices and your guitar rig interface should show up. you will probably need qjackctl to do the virtual connections from your guitar interface to guitarix. gpsqueeek knows more than i do so best listen to him. im not having luck getting fluidsynth to work on a rasp pi zero w

i havent done it for a while but i did get it to work on an old ACER netbook with an ATOM processor running MINT....

gpsqueeek

Very Active Member
I use the fluidsynth/jack pair (and their GUIs) on a Raspberry Pi 4 too, both in the older version available using the official RPi OS, or a more up-to-date manjaro OS. Sometimes the configuration is a pain though, I have to make sure PulseAudio does not interfere (on my PC at least) for example

spud42

Very Active Member
most of the tutorials on youtube are from 2017 era. i had to get an old jessie version to run on the pi zero w . i have the usb audio working, i have a few sound fonts to test. just need a few floppy disks to use in the Roland Sound Brush.
also set up a script to run fluid synth at startup and headless. basically i want fluidsynth to accept the midi in and play the soundfont... how hard can that be ??? lol