British Meet-up

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to go. Really, i'd be amazing to talk GP32 stuff with all of you - though I'm quite new to the scene. The only problem is, I'm not from the UK (Denmark), and if I had to go there, I'd have to be packed with a trip to London, as I've never been to the UK.

Rico: You better be there if I'm coming! ;)

If I'll come, I'll bring GP32:zine with me (that will be my two cents, as I know nothing about coding). Of course I'll bring my GP32 as well, along with the oldest laptop mankind know about - it can merely run Windows 3.11...

Again, if anyone could tell me the exact distance from London - and how to get there by train - I'd love to come (if the date suits me, that is). Uni starts at August 6th, so it would need some heavy planning :)

Also, I have to know what a flight ticket to London is this days - but I can handle that on my own.

(Duplicated from the other thread)

Hiya all,

The new site for the Great British Meet-up (tm) is up and running. you can find it at :-

www.gp32zone.co.uk

It currently contains a quick rundown of the current arrangements, a list of people who have registered their interest on the boards, and a form to register your interest in coming.

It's just there to get an idea of how many people will be coming, and for board members to see who has decided to come so far...

All I ask is that anyone I have listed thusfar, please re-register your interest through the form on the site, so I can get a more concrete idea of the numbers.

Also, anyone who wants to be removed from the current list, just use the form on the site to say so.

Cheers, and see (some of) you soon....!

Just checked out the webpage Axeman made and saw that Craigx is a possible.Craig-If you can possibly make it please do.Alot of us gp32 owners owe you cause you are the dude who supplied the machine that got us into this great community.
Axeman-Thanx for the effort you are putting into this.Lets hope it all comes together cause if it does this meeting gonna kick ass!!!! :D

Zimba....

(copied from previous post)

London Paddington to Bath Spa - Apex Return on the train (buy the day b efore an specify times of trains) - £18.50

By National Express from Victoria - £15.00

may as well go by train - only takes about 1hr 20 mins!

About £10 more if you buy the ticket on the day....

@ JDUK

Are you the same JDUK that used to post on Amiga.Org many moons ago?

@ Axeman

Dude you've twisted my arm. I'll catch a flight form Newcastle down to Bristol, and kick back in Newport for a week around the time of this meet up. I wont forghet the GP32.

Its cool, you lot are just begining - you are starting out with a cool bit of hardware, and there is plenty of scope for innovation. Dont bugger this up - become like the Amiga community in its hay day, when the code was lean, clean and mean - and everyone was heading forward... Not backwards like it is now. I'm gonna be spending more time here than there.

Cool - cya there m8 :D

I've basically given up on the Amiga community - too much politics and infighting for it to be fun any more....

Shame - lets not let it get like that here :)

Just discovered the return tickets from France are actually for the 30th, so currently I'm unable to come anyway (grr @ dad). Might be able to though, if I can pester everyone into coming back a day early... we'll see :)

I'm gonna try and get the day off but can't g'tee it coz I have already booked Saturday 2nd of August off to goto a Transformers Convention in Birmingggam, and since I work in retail they dont really like giving Sats off. :(

Will give it me best shot tho, although if I don't make it you guys go ahaead and have a good time without me :p

I didn'e even know they held TF conventions in the uk!

TFs are cool :p

I got back into the comic after many years when I noticed the new series in Forbidden Planet last year. Used to be WELL into TFs.

I know Bobsonsirjonny was impressed by the new comics too....

Till all are one... :D

Arrgghhh!!! I wish I still had the cash to buy comics - I've every issue of Buffy, up untill a few months ago, and to prove my geek status I've a letter in issue 10 :D

Nope, I can't make it, as much as I love my GP32, I love TF more. Have a good time tho guys. and don't trade too much "Art"! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back