Broken LCD, Where can I get another?

data079

Still Fresh
Hey,

I had just been using my pandora again for a few days and somehow the LCD has been cracked in a way that makes it unreadable.

I need to find a new one, if possible on the cheap.

Anyone know where I could find one?

Also, though I don't plan on replacing it myself, is there a guide available that I could give to the people at the tech shop?

Thanks!

You'd likely be right. Seeing as you're the author of the post about that here, I could use a bit more direction in what to do. Do y'all have some sort of RMA request page where complete instructions can be found as well as the form?

Also, how much does it usually cost to replace a cracked LCD anyway?

Thanks for your reply by the way

I'll just point out that if the issue is a physically cracked LCD, you wouldn't be sending it to ED under RMA, as those are only for repairs under warranty. But still the RMA recommendations for the information to include on Ekianjo's site (sorry, on phone now, can't find the link) would still be a good guide to follow, as they basically just summarise the information you should include in the package.

You'll need to wait for ED to spot this thread to find out the cost I think, as I was unable to find a price for new LCDs on his site from my phone.

You may also be able to get a screen from Archos suppliers, as it's the same unit as in one of their old media players, I believe, but I would still recommend ordering from ED as he and his team are experienced at taking Pandoras apart and putting them back together, so the repair costs will probably be much less than what your local shop can charge. It's just postage costs to be worried about then, I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent my Pandora to with broken LCD to the Dragon Box shop for repair once. The LCD was EUR 50. I could decide myself what I wanted to pay for the labor. I paid EUR 20.

However, I am not sure whether there are LCDs in stock currently.

I followed these instructions: http://pandoralive.info/?p=924

According to the shop now, LCDs are 85EUR, and also not in stock (though that may just not be up to date, dunno).

FWIW, that link to pandoralive above is the one I wanted to point to when I posted last. Thanks, janvlug!

Link from ithic.com is the official US reseller, he also does repairs.

Back