Broken SD slot

howrd

Still Fresh
The left SD slot takes a lot of persuading to keep an SD card in place, usually around 20 attempts before it sits properly; the rest of the time it pops back out. It does this with any card so it's definately the Pandora and not the SD card. The right one still works fine.

I've had the pandora for around a month. Is there an easy fix or do I need to send it back to DragonBox?

Cheers!

Its not a common problem, so I'd advise RMA'ing it.

Have you tried with different brands of card?

Some SD cards are of different thickness so this may be why.

You might need a different brand sd card in that slot to remedy the problem.

Last edited:
Hi & welcome to the boards.

I had this problem with a Canon camera, solved it by pressing the SD card in really hard, can't say if it'll work here of course but worth a try.

Last edited by a moderator:
The left SD slot takes a lot of persuading to keep an SD card in place, usually around 20 attempts before it sits properly; the rest of the time it pops back out.
Either use the contact form on dragonbox.de if you wan't a little chit-chat before the RMA process beginns or download and fill out the RMA document http://www.openpandora.org/downloads/RMASheet.pdf directly.
Package up your Pandora, include the filled out RMA sheet into your package and send it to:

OpenPandora GmbH

Schäffbräustr. 11

85049 Ingolstadt

Germany

Use 300USD as value for customs declaration.

Before you do this, and if you have not done this already: Maybe have a look into the slot with a flashlight, see if there is something stuck that hinders the slot from functioning properly.

Have you tried with different brands of card?
It does this with any card so it's definately the Pandora and not the SD card. The right one still works fine.
@Binky (or any other moderator, that may be interested)

How about a sticky post in the support section á la "X steps to an successfull RMA" ? I know there is something similiar already on pandoralive (and a sticky link to it), but I guess pandoralive isn't the first stop for people seeking that kind of help.

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. This board is awesome!

Yeah, I tried several SD cards and it seems to make no difference. I can get it to stay in eventually so I don't think it's worth sending it in, especially as Askarus says they'll repair housing issues out of warranty (with them being nice guys and all). However if it gets worse I probably will.

@thatgui Thanks for the advice. I did look at the pandoralive sticky thread first, but the advice is more about the process of sending a Pandora in for repair and less about whether or not an issue is worthy of the hassle. I can't imagine a support section which would be extensive enough to cover all possible minor issues which may or may not require repair. Besides, you guys have been more than helpful. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
The left SD slot takes a lot of persuading to keep an SD card in place, usually around 20 attempts before it sits properly; the rest of the time it pops back out. It does this with any card so it's definately the Pandora and not the SD card. The right one still works fine.

I've had the pandora for around a month. Is there an easy fix or do I need to send it back to DragonBox?

Cheers!
This happened to me a couple of times. I shined a light in the slot and noticed a pin out of place. I slid a thin knife in there and popped it back in place and everything thing is fine now. I am always careful when I take a SD card out, not to press too hard on the card and to do it slowly.

Back