Broken Speaker/headphone Jack!

baked chunk

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I had my beloved GP32 in my backpack durring school and i think i took a hit while going in the locker but the headphones were still in the jack. Anyway, the i tryed to listen to my mp3s on the way home, olny one of the headphones worked and when i took it out, olny one of the speakers worked too. Now the one left speaker still works but headphones dont work at all. Any advice of am i gonna have to do some open GP surgery? :(

depends
if you still have guaranty send it back
if not try opening it, maybe its only a broken conenction that you can resolder easily.

well, if you got it from lik-sang aver a month ago i doubt they'll do anything about it. i woulnt open it because you might mess it up even more. i bet mash mods would do something about it.

If you KNOW some electronics and have done some soldering before, don't be too afraid to open it (I opened it just to take a look at it once).

This sounds like a broken connection at the headphone jack leading to a short circuit (and thus turning off one speaker).

Should be easily fixable if you do know some electronics.

geo12 posted on May 5 2004 at 06:24 PM said:
well, if you got it from lik-sang aver a month ago i doubt they'll do anything about it. i woulnt open it because you might mess it up even more. i bet mash mods would do something about it.
not to offend ANYONE...but am i the only person who thinks mash mods is stupid? i mean really, if you want something modded, do it yourself...it is a great learning experience... <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, not everyone here has the finesse to perform the various mod, especially the voltage mod.

nerd of nerds: That's a really strange opinion you've got there. Put yourself in the shoes of the many people who don't have the skills, the equipment, or the confidence to mod their own GP32s... that's probably most of the GP32 owners out there.

For them, Mashmods is great service. If you don't want to use it, fine - each to their own! :)

If you got it from play asia, send em a mail saying its buggered and theyll replace it for you. If you got it from gbax then id email them for advice, and if you got it from lik sang..... fix it urself :).

whats stupid is messing up your GP32 just cos you didn't want to send it to mashmods.

and then calling it "learning experience" (ie. you learnt to send it to mashmods)

Back