Broken Sword 1 Cutscenes

firefly2442

Website
www.rivetcode.com
Hello,

I got the Broken Sword 1 cutscenes (DXA) from the Scummvm website. They run but not at full speed and there is no sound. Has anyone gotten them to run faster? Would overclocking help? I read in the readme that no compression formats for cutscenes are supported yet. Will this support be in the next release potentially?

firefly2442 said:
Thanks! Works much better now. :)
There are also 320*240 low res packs I did (I will find the links later) but they are still a WIP.
OGG audio is the way to go for the DXA cut scene packs (FLAC is not 'currently' supported).

I will do a test build in a few days that should feature a lot of little speedups for video related stuff.

John

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh cool. Yeah, I would be happy to test them out. The only other issue I had was I couldn't save my game. I saved it once but then I tried overwriting it and it gave an error message and I couldn't save anyplace else. It wasn't a space issue. I'll try it again here in a day or two, pretty busy at the moment. Thanks again for all your hard work on Scummvm GP2X DJWillis. :)

firefly2442 said:
Ahh cool. Yeah, I would be happy to test them out. The only other issue I had was I couldn't save my game. I saved it once but then I tried overwriting it and it gave an error message and I couldn't save anyplace else. It wasn't a space issue. I'll try it again here in a day or two, pretty busy at the moment. Thanks again for all your hard work on Scummvm GP2X DJWillis. :)
Regarding the saving, yep, it's an issue I am dammed if I can track down :(.

http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php?title=GP...Supported_Games has the info.

Let me know when you have some time to test and I will do a new build in addition to the low res DXA's as there are a number of other speed benefits in there.

Ok,

Just for the hell of it here is a build of my latest SVN+local code (untested as my GP2X's are at home).

http://scummvm.distant-earth.com/scummvm/f...-2007-07-11.zip

I will leave it up for a few hours, if people find it looks ok I will do a wider test release.

Broken Sword 1+2 and Touche (and COMI for that matter, esp. vids) should be quicker (in some cases potentially by quite a bit). I would love to know if the difference is noticeable as I have not had a chance to test any of these games really.

There are also speedups to a number of SCUMM games and that is about it off the top of my head, no changes to the controller setup and none of the new video modes are in this one so in that regard it is just like 0.10.0.

John

DJWillis said:
Ok,

Just for the hell of it here is a build of my latest SVN+local code (untested as my GP2X's are at home).

http://scummvm.distant-earth.com/scummvm/f...-2007-07-11.zip

I will leave it up for a few hours, if people find it looks ok I will do a wider test release.

Broken Sword 1+2 and Touche (and COMI for that matter, esp. vids) should be quicker (in some cases potentially by quite a bit). I would love to know if the difference is noticeable as I have not had a chance to test any of these games really.

There are also speedups to a number of SCUMM games and that is about it off the top of my head, no changes to the controller setup and none of the new video modes are in this one so in that regard it is just like 0.10.0.

John

Service Unavailable

I just tried the SVN build and the cutscenes actually seem a little slower. Are the DXA cutscenes a higher resolution and get down converted? If so, maybe the lower resolution ones optimized for the GP2X might be easier on the CPU?

firefly2442 said:
I just tried the SVN build and the cutscenes actually seem a little slower. Are the DXA cutscenes a higher resolution and get down converted? If so, maybe the lower resolution ones optimized for the GP2X might be easier on the CPU?
Not sure, it looks like most of the stuff I seem to be doing is making things worse ;).

John

Back