Brothel Tycoon Game Idea Feedback

Guyfawkes

Certified Idiot :)
Website
www.emuholic.com
Note to moderators: I tried asking a moderator if this was ok to post but no one was online. If this post is not suitable for the forum feel free to delete.

This idea is in its very early stages and this is the first time I have put 'pen to paper' for the game so I am very interested to see what people think of the idea. If it all goes well then I am open to ideas which can be featured in the game.

I plan to make an engine that will allow business management style games on the GP32. The first game to use this engine will be from an idea I got while watching the news about a brothel owner who made loads of money from brothels, cue lightbulb above my head and Brothel Tycoon was thought up :) Brothel Tycoon is my first theme to use the engine but depending on feedback I may use another theme such as drug dealing etc.

At the moment I am undecided if this will be a commercial game in some form, for example donationware, shareware etc. I do hope to make some kind of money as I will spending alot of time working on the game and possibly hiring gfx people for the graphics etc. If it did go commercial I would definately charge no more than £10 for the game. I am very interested in feedback on this so please let me know what you think.

About the game
Brothel Tycoon is a business management game similar to the many other Tycoon games which are already available for various machines. The style of game I plan Brothel Tycoon to be like is Lemonade Tycoon, not overly complex to use and play (important) on a GP32 but enough to keep you busy.

The game will be turn based (1 day = 1 turn) so you will be able to manage the day to day runnings of your empire. You will start off with a single prostitute on a street corner and work your way up to owning multiple brothels, high class hookers and so on.

On the management side of things you will be able to buy and upgrade property and contents, hire and fire staff (prostitutes, receptionists, bouncers etc), buy stock such as condoms etc. Depending on your levels you will be able to provide new sexual services and set the prices for them to keep in competition with your rivals, various forms of advertising like phone booths, local paper, internet etc. Random events such as police raids, bribing the police, dealing with rival brothels etc will be included as well.

While the game will have an adult theme there will be no nudity at all, only sexual references.

Feedback
What I am most interested in at the moment is if people are interested in the game idea; is the theme bad taste? would you play the game? would you donate money or buy the game if money was asked for the game? I dont want suggestions for the game just yet so please save them for the future if the idea goes ahead, so please only reply with your thoughts on the idea.

Sounds like an interesting idea, would depend on the presentation, etc...

If you wanted to make this game commercially successful, I would recommend changing the theme or at least the name.

As in any gaming market, a large proportion of buyers would probably be people aged under 16. You then have a dodgy issue, plus many parents would probably veto the game based on the name. The reason so many little kids get away with GTA is the ambiguous name.

The main issue however would be the theme itself. I personally wouldnt want to play a game which by nature is degrading to women, and which would make 'pimping' seem somehow glamorous.

if it has to be turn-based, at least it should be that you have a given time of say 20 minutes per day in which you can do what you want to do and see how the street-lights turn on the daylight fades away, etc

btw, who's going to code it once the ideas are set?

Very nice :)
That would add another game with a high replay value to the GP32 scene :)

There aren't many yet, but the selection is growing :)

I personally wouldnt want to play a game which by nature is degrading to women, and which would make 'pimping' seem somehow glamorous.

LOL shut it pussy

also great idea. if its done right it could be an excellent game. i would only buy it if you somehow managed to make the encryption (or whatever you were thinking) work in wind-ups

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm... drugs, booze, killing for money, illegal import of 'employees' ...
This could turn out to be the most, and first, controversial GP32 title B)
..and we really need some :D

Oh, well... on TV i see both Cartoon network and Playboy channel,
so i don't think an ethical discussion is really nessesary ...
Medias are generally bad for kids .. but they will also grow up some day,
and then they would really like to have some explicit material in
a game like this ;) i know i wouldn't complain to anyone if i actually
saw some booty, or maybe even a cleavage, while i was playing !!!

.. i would atleast expect some kind of adult quality if i were to pay for it ;)
An adult check/lock as seen in a lot of games could also be a solution!!!!

I personally wouldnt want to play a game which by nature is degrading to women, and which would make 'pimping' seem somehow glamorous.

LOL shut it pussy

You really are an arse.

Whenether a person shows any signs of morality and/or emotion, you come out with with one of your bullshit immature comments. Why not just shut the fuck up untill you are at least old/ mature/ intelligent enough (if that ever happens) to realise that other people have opinions and "you pussy" is not a valid argument?

If you wanted to make this game commercially successful, I would recommend changing the theme or at least the name.

choose an other handled ^^

The main issue however would be the theme itself. I personally wouldnt want to play a game which by nature is degrading to women, and which would make 'pimping' seem somehow glamorous.

Hmm... I must say I agree with you to some extent. I'd rather not play something that directly demeans women by necessity. Equally, however, the game does sound fun. There is no way, however, I would like to be asked on the bus the typical omgI'veseenaGP32forthefirsttime set of questions playing this...

i.e.
"What's that? Is it a GBA?"
"No - its a GP32. Like a GBA but everything for it is free and its 10 times the speed give or take"
"What're you playing?"
"Well right now, I'm managing a brothel in Montreal"
"Ewwwwww... You're some sick perverted person. All GP32s must be owned by sickos like you."

Etc. Possibly with a slightly different end result, but inevitably involving embarrasment at some level or another.

Perhaps I could suggest making the use of prostitutes to further your business optional? After all, many of the other aspects of the game sound like they'd fit equally well into a night-club management sim where. Why not just make it that, but allow for the hiring or prostitutes or dealing in drugs (preferably with a stock market) or other underground activities.

Of course, the further from the straight and narrow you stray, the more likely you are to get busted - especially if you're running a dodgy bit of your business in cities where the police care etc.

If you can be bothered to code it, you could also add a political/marketing/influencing aspect to it where, for example, should the police start interfering, you could run a smear campaign on the chief constable for the city until he got replaced with someone more pliable. Why stop there when you can also code a bit of it to allow the bribing of police officers to raid other dark and dingy establishments by rival pimps/druglords/mafia kings.

Basically, I'd buy it for certain if the underground elements were optional, and I'd think about it if they were compulsory.

Hmm... I must say I agree with you to some extent. I'd rather not play something that directly demeans women by necessity. Equally, however, the game does sound fun. There is no way, however, I would like to be asked on the bus the typical omgI'veseenaGP32forthefirsttime set of questions playing this...

i.e.
"What's that? Is it a GBA?"
"No - its a GP32. Like a GBA but everything for it is free and its 10 times the speed give or take"
"What're you playing?"
"Well right now, I'm managing a brothel in Montreal"
"Ewwwwww... You're some sick perverted person. All GP32s must be owned by sickos like you."

Etc. Possibly with a slightly different end result, but inevitably involving embarrasment at some level or another.

Perhaps I could suggest making the use of prostitutes to further your business optional? After all, many of the other aspects of the game sound like they'd fit equally well into a night-club management sim where. Why not just make it that, but allow for the hiring or prostitutes or dealing in drugs (preferably with a stock market) or other underground activities.

Of course, the further from the straight and narrow you stray, the more likely you are to get busted - especially if you're running a dodgy bit of your business in cities where the police care etc.

If you can be bothered to code it, you could also add a political/marketing/influencing aspect to it where, for example, should the police start interfering, you could run a smear campaign on the chief constable for the city until he got replaced with someone more pliable. Why stop there when you can also code a bit of it to allow the bribing of police officers to raid other dark and dingy establishments by rival pimps/druglords/mafia kings.

Basically, I'd buy it for certain if the underground elements were optional, and I'd think about it if they were compulsory.
lol agreed, I hate it when someone assumes my gp32 is shite becuase I'm playing a very retro game.

Back