Busted Sd Card 2 Slot On Pandora #3...

MooTheKow

Well - just tried placing an SD card in my 2nd slot of my 3rd pandora (i.e. replacement #2). Card went in - but apparently the slot is broken and it won't eject the card. Any suggestions how to get it out? There is apparently no springy thing that pops it back out like in my SD Card 1 slot.

MooTheKow said:
Well - just tried placing an SD card in my 2nd slot of my 3rd pandora (i.e. replacement #2). Card went in - but apparently the slot is broken and it won't eject the card. Any suggestions how to get it out? There is apparently no springy thing that pops it back out like in my SD Card 1 slot.

Seen this a few times now, pretty weird new issue.
Some managed to pull the card out - and after that it worked fine, so it seems like the spring is stuck somehow and is fixed by removing the card.

If you can't get the card out, you might want to open the case (only the backside), as you can easily access the card and slot from there and check what's wrong.

Last edited:
Success has been had by simply using a flat head screwdriver to pry the card up a little bit and then pulling it straight out. That may help.

EvilDragon said:
Seen this a few times now, pretty weird new issue.
Some managed to pull the card out - and after that it worked fine, so it seems like the spring is stuck somehow and is fixed by removing the card.
Actually I think the slot is too tight (or better: exact to specs). I had to open my pandora 2 times to gently push the sd-card out of the slot.
This was with a micro-sd->mini-sd->sd-card slot converter, and with a genuine TomTom for WinCE sd-card. (to be clear: The ipaq runs linux! I just got it from someone else).
That TomTom card probably had a label that made it too thick. This TomTom card would work perfectly in my SmartQ 5, but then again, the spring in the SmartQ 5 is too strong, so you would be able to break the sd-card pushing it in.
Most of my SD-cards just work perfectly, so the first time I use another sd-card, I just push it in very gently to look if it would get stuck.

The plusside of opening the pandora was that it forced me to loosen the screw near the usb port, which was probably too tight because a crack was appearing. (Next to the fact that the original screwdriver was probably a bit to big to put in the pandora holes ;-) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
I had this issue. After two weeks doing absolutely nothing, it just popped itself out and its been fine. I used the SD-mass transfer thingy to populate the affected SD card in the mean time.

The argument running around my head as to whether I should RMA, just live with it, or wait for something else to go wrong was still raging at the time.

Edited for dum spelling mistakes

I had the very same issue. I used the "pry it out with a flathead screwdriver" trick using a small jewellery or precision screwdriver. Also, try pusing the card in on the very far left had corner. That worked for me too.

Either way, it appears to be an intermittent issue. Once you've extracted it, you'll probably find that you don't have the same issue again even with the same card for dozens of attempts, then it'll stick again. However, next time it happens, you'll be prepared for it.

Back