Right SD card slot issue

Norl

Still Fresh
I received my pandora with a busted right SD slot, same thing as here.

I don't want to part with it but i should probably get it fixed. Pandora.org says to "contact your distributor" but i bought it directly from the website. I sent an email to sales@openpandora.org last week but didn't get a reply. Any ideas on what my next step should be?

Last edited by a moderator:
1 month?? I would send another if any more than 4 working days. And from past experience would expect one the same day.

I received my pandora with a busted right SD slot, same thing as here.

I don't want to part with it but i should probably get it fixed. Pandora.org says to "contact your distributor" but i bought it directly from the website. I sent an email to sales@openpandora.org last week but didn't get a reply. Any ideas on what my next step should be?

Hi

Not had this problem but how do you feel about removing the bottom of the Pandora, five screws and the bottom will

just come off. All the bottom contains is the two shoulder, no electronics etc, what it does do is gives access to the

two SD holders, you may be able to see what is causing the problem, most likely a stuck spring in the holder.

I have learnt that the Pandora project is all very much hands on.

Last edited by a moderator:
... how do you feel about removing the bottom of the Pandora, ...

I'd feel nervous about voiding the warranty! :) Yes it feels like it might be a stuck spring. But aren't the SD slots enclosed? Like opening an old PC still won't let you see inside a floppy drive?

... how do you feel about removing the bottom of the Pandora, ...

I'd feel nervous about voiding the warranty! :) Yes it feels like it might be a stuck spring. But aren't the SD slots enclosed? Like opening an old PC still won't let you see inside a floppy drive?

Hi

The bottom comes off real easy, very hard to break anything that will void the warranty.

No, the card slots are not enclosed, soon as the bottom is off they are there for you to see :)

I had the same problem, also with the right slot. I fixed it without opening the unit (I'm very nervous about opening it as well)...

Once I realized that the card was jammed, I used a small flathead screwdriver to pull the card out.

BTW, I'm talking small - I bought a kit of 5 small screwdrivers (a variety of flat and phillips head types) a long time ago due to a pair of glasses whose nosepieces kept coming unscrewed. They may be a kit for jewelers but I can't recall if that's how they were advertised.

Anyway, I have a transcend 32 gig card in that slot and the bottom of the card has a ridge at the outside edge (the edge that faces you when you're holding the pandora and looking at the screen). I used the screwdriver to pull the card out by placing the flathead part of the screwdriver at that ridge. With a little force, I was able to remove the card.

Luckily, I had already read on the forums that some of the Pandas were having this problem and that it was usually caused by a spring not, umm, springing... So, I put the card back in the slot and it got stuck again. After pulling it back out, I placed it back in the slot a third time and heard a click. It's worked as expected ever since.

Perhaps this will help you avoid having to send your unit back to get fixed.

Best wishes!

The bottom comes off real easy, very hard to break anything that will void the warranty.

No, the card slots are not enclosed, soon as the bottom is off they are there for you to see :)
Bottom came off easy, tested the slot with a dummy card from my laptop. The spring on the bad slot works fine, it just doesn't catch. In out same amount and resistence as the other slot, there's just no 'click-click'. Nothing looks like it's broken just no catch. So i buttoned it back up just like new. Thanks for your suggestion, glad i tried.

Best wishes!
Thanks, i sent another another email yesterday.

Bottom came off easy, tested the slot with a dummy card from my laptop. The spring on the bad slot works fine, it just doesn't catch. In out same amount and resistence as the other slot, there's just no 'click-click'. Nothing looks like it's broken just no catch. So i buttoned it back up just like new. Thanks for your suggestion, glad i tried.

Best wishes!
Thanks, i sent another another email yesterday.

Hi

Oh well worth a try :)

The right sd card slot on my unit didn't click either.

after i unscrewed the bottom i found out that the spring was fine. just one of the corners was loose because there was no tin applied there. Nothing that a soldering iron and a tiny bit of tin couldn't fix. works like a charm now.

Back