Button Mapping In Vice?

gaterooze

Coltrane Sundia
Website
Visit site
I guess this is more wishful thinking than anything, but is there any way to map the joystick's "up" direction to the Y button?

IIRC Frodo2X now has this option, but I couldn't find any mention of it regarding VICE.

Regardless, it's a wonderful emulator, probably my favorite on the GP2X. I guess years of having 2-button pads have "untrained" me from hitting up to jump :lol:

Yeah I have wondered this too. Would make platformers and driving games (esp Buggy Boy) sssooooo much better! Don't think there is a way to do it though :(

I think I'll write to the developers and ask nicely - you never know! :)

*EDIT* Would be even better if someone could develop a daemon that you could run in the background so that you could remap buttons on any emulator (ST, Amiga etc)! Don't know if that's technically possible though, and I can't code for shit so it's probably never gonna happen...

I'd like the menu to actually pause the game in the background too, like Frodo as there's no quick way to pause the action at present.

I emailed a while ago and got a quick reply, but I don't think GP2X specific changes like this are planned at the moment, the plan seems mainly to keep the GP2X port up to date with the main one.

®

Back