Button Masher Or Methodical

When playing games requiring button combinations, such as a fighting game, I...

• Mash every button in the hopes i will pull of something spectacular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Take time to learn the button combinations for specific moves, and let my opponents feel my wrath

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Button masher. But at some point I usually end up learning a couple of moves and then repeating them over and over again.

In bigger fighting games like Tekken ( one of the new ones ) I usually don't learn any combinations. There I'll just be mashing, but in fighting games like SnkVSCapcom on the Neo Geo Pocket ( Haven't tried the one for the 'big' Neo Geo ) I'll learn the basic key combos ( in that example: Left + A, Left + B, Right + B, Right + A ) and use them.
If I'll have to press up, up, a, b, b, down, b to make an attack, I won't use that.

Cheers, Dave

Problem with learning the moves is I'd be dead (in the game) before I've managed to pull off my super-magic-spin-1-hit-KO-kick.

Thats why I like Super Smash Bros the best.

Personally I like to think of myself as a nonbuttonmash but really in the end its just hitting buttons. After getting beat by my dad (who NEVER plays videogames) in a Enter the Matrix 1 on 1 battle (Yes I know the whole secrect 2 player mod SUCKS) I have given up all hope for that 2 player mode :p.

Back