Buy Now Or Wait For Gpx2

It all depends on whether or not you really want a GP32. You should probably wait a while. I think what I might do is buy a GPX2(pretty much inevitable at this point... GPH would have to do the dumbest thing possible and really piss me off to make me not buy this. But the top 10 stupid decisions in the videogame industry as far as my opinion is concerned have already been made by Nintendo, so I don't think I have to worry about that happening. Anyway...), use it for Genesis, SNES, and whatever else the GP32 couldn't quite emulate perfectly and then keep my GP32 for NES, a few music files, and a few small movies... like south park episodes or something... unless for some reason the GPX2's NES emulator blows me away, and I can't see that happening because as far as I'm concerned, Little John is about 99% perfect. The only thing it really needs is support for a few games(cobra triangle doesn't work, i think it said something about a header... only 2 or 3 games out of the hundreds I've tried didn't work, so no big deal. i suck at cobra triangle anyway, but it was a fun game). Using the GP32 for just NES as far as emulation goes will give me a lot more space for other stuff. Then on the other hand, it will also give me more space on the GPX2 card since the NES stuff won't be on it. It won't make nearly as much of a difference, but there'll still be one. I can't wait to play Chrono Trigger, Seiken Densetsu 3, Zelda 3, Kirby's Dreamcourse, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, and Street Fighter in full speed. OOOH... and maybe I'll finally be motivated to play the Megaman X series. NHL '96 on the road would be cool too... and Megaman 7. Rockman and Forte's okay... Sunset Riders... lots of good games... I'm really looking forward to the GPX2. And Super Mario RPG better work on it because for some reason the screen just goes black when I try to load it in OSNES9XGP... and if anybody can tell me why that is or how I can fix it, please do because it's another game I never got into but really wanted to try.

Oh yeah... and if everything works out like I'm hoping it will, I'll probably buy another GP32 and give it an NES/Gameboy paint color scheme, since it'll be playing only NES games.

I'm not gonna buy a GPX2 right away. I'm gonna wait until all the people who preordered it get a chance to try it out, see what(if any) bugs need to be worked out, see what its good points and bad points are and then decide for sure if I really want it. Then I'm gonna try like crazy to grab one ASAP if everything goes according to plan.

Back