Buying without credit card?

OMG the red baron is back! Though you are apparently not the original gp32x redbaron (which is a relief)... or are you?
Maybe the redbaron has moved from down under to the US of A, just to keep trolling console collectors. Will you be selling your pyra the week after it has arrived for a dumping price?
@Nintendo remember that dude?

For anyone who doesn't know the original RB, check out the "LOL Files"
- this one here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/to-be-or-not-to-be.56733/#post-931390
- or here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/r-b-is-back-to-fight.53711/
- or here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/nominate-sony-to-be-a-moderator-i-am-being-serious.53455/
- aaaand here: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/threads/s-where-is-my-jxd-v3-you-crook.53299/
- or this one: https://pyra-handheld.com/boards/th...a-pandora-with-accessories.56421/#post-928196
and possibly a lot more old threads which I have buried somewhere deep down in the darkest places of my subconsciousness.

... just in case: I am kidding ofcourse. Even if you were the original R.B., always nice to see people coming back.

Yeah, not me. I am only "theredbaron" or "theredbaron1834", and always the same icon. For more then 15 years now :).

Back to the original request...

I recall that years ago there was a plan to have a US distributor ... what was his name? Link?

If those plans are still waiting on the shelf and ready to use - they might get dusted off and enable us in US so buy Pyras from a more local supplier? If this is still going to happen - and if you can wait that long (likely won't happen until after the first 1200+/- units ship from ED's shop) - and if you happen to live close enough to said hypothetical US distributor - maybe then you could walk in with cash and walk out with a Pyra?

I mean, I can do some simple scripts, but I am no dev. And I have waited since I first heard about the OpenPandora for a device like this. A bit long isn't going to kill me :).

@theredbaron oh the original RB had multiple parashoot accounts at all times and used all kinds of abbreviations and variations of redbaron... but yeah as I said, I was joking ^^.

He's still planning to resell but has moved now, so he's not your neighbor anymore :D
Moved eh? Is he in witness protection or can we know the name of the city or nearest large city to where he went?

Ah man, I should have hit the pub with him before he left...
Who knows, maybe he didn't move far - or moved closer to someone else who could buy him a beer?

Moved to Maine in 2017. Sorry we didn't catch up before the move. Still here patiently watching the progress @EvilDragon is making.
Good to know you're still in the community!

So, to the hypothetical solution to the situation above...
Some day when Pyras are shipping and something that can exist in inventory, would you be able to allow someone to meet up with you to hand you cash and leave with a Pyra?

Moved to Maine in 2017. Sorry we didn't catch up before the move. Still here patiently watching the progress @EvilDragon is making.
almost suspected as much, how many times I drive through your old town I figured I would spot you randomly.

Good to know you're still in the community!

So, to the hypothetical solution to the situation above...
Some day when Pyras are shipping and something that can exist in inventory, would you be able to allow someone to meet up with you to hand you cash and leave with a Pyra?
If they are in this neck of the woods, then I don't see why not.

Seeing as Maine is a bit of a drive from Indiana, and paypal "needs" a picture of my SS# to work (no fing way). I spent the day at the bank setting up a checking account, and getting a debit card.

Added it to amazon, and tried to pay with "amazon pay". Click order, and it fails, says I need to choose a payment method and accept the terms. Did both. Just fails. :/

Does amazon pay not work? Just use the "MasterCard" payment option?

It certainly used to work, but I've not bought anything at the shop (or online at all really) since the redesign. I wonder if Amazon are being awkward due to it being a newly added debit card though.

It certainly used to work, but I've not bought anything at the shop (or online at all really) since the redesign. I wonder if Amazon are being awkward due to it being a newly added debit card though.
I doubt it. It doesn't even give the option to log in. I tick the box, there is a little bit of an expansion, like something should be there to give amazon info, but it is empty. Seems more like a site bug to me, as I tried it on a different browser (chromium) that had never logged into amazon, exact same issue.

AmazonPay should work fine, got multiple orders per day that use AmazonPay.
Cookies and Javascript is enabled?

Hm, just checked: No AmazonPay orders this weekend... did it break for some reason?
I'll check this today.

Please try again.
It should now (hopefully) work when you choose the payment method and click on the Pay-Button (before using the Order with an Obligation to Pay-button, I still need to fix that)

Back