Release C/C++ Development Tools

Thanks Jones,

I tested your geany.pnd of Geany 2.0 and it works nicely with freamon’s C/C++ Development Tools 0.0.39 (cdevtools.pnd) found at http://repo.openpand...s.freamon.40n8e

When the geany.pnd is ran through the cdevtools.pnd terminal Geany inherits the working C/C++ compiler environment.

To do this I first ran the cdevtools and from that terminal I used the pnd_run command to launch your geany.pnd.

From the cdevtools command line:

Code:
$pnd_run /path/to/your/geany.pnd

Use the correct path to geany.pnd and Geany will launch with make and compile capabilities.

I customized the Geany toolbar and set the icons to super tiny to get a little more room on the Pandora.

I used this setup to compile BasiliskII on the Pandora and it works.

So if anyone wants a go at developing on the Pandora with a nice IDE, grab geany.pnd and cdevtools.pnd and have at it.

Thanks again!

I tried this same thing with CodeBlocks today. Ran CDevTools and then launched CB from within it. I got a Compiler setup screen in CB. typed up a HelloWorld. Clicked Compile.. Got the notice that this source has not been compiled before. Clicked OK

NOTHING

No Compiling, No Log Nothing!

I am used to using CB in Windows and would like to do the same on OP

OK, trying to port a program and stuck using waf. It is failing to retrieve the version info of g++ it seems.

I run this to configure the program before build.

./waf configure --prefix=/usr --gtk=auto --backend=webkit --debug-level=optimized

and I get this:

• ----------------------------------------
  • Check for program g++ or c++
  • find program=['g++', 'c++'] paths=[] var='CXX'
  • -> '/mnt/utmp/cdevtools/usr/bin/g++'

The guys on the irc dont seem to know why!

This is the 4th and final build before I make a pnd.

Why can't it get the version info in CDevTools? If it can find the file to get this far.

Thanks Jones,

I tested your geany.pnd of Geany 2.0 and it works nicely with freamon’s C/C++ Development Tools 0.0.39 (cdevtools.pnd) found at http://repo.openpand...s.freamon.40n8e

When the geany.pnd is ran through the cdevtools.pnd terminal Geany inherits the working C/C++ compiler environment.

To do this I first ran the cdevtools and from that terminal I used the pnd_run command to launch your geany.pnd.

From the cdevtools command line:

Code:
$pnd_run /path/to/your/geany.pnd

Use the correct path to geany.pnd and Geany will launch with make and compile capabilities.

I customized the Geany toolbar and set the icons to super tiny to get a little more room on the Pandora.

I used this setup to compile BasiliskII on the Pandora and it works.

So if anyone wants a go at developing on the Pandora with a nice IDE, grab geany.pnd and cdevtools.pnd and have at it.

Thanks again!

I tried this same thing with CodeBlocks today. Ran CDevTools and then launched CB from within it. I got a Compiler setup screen in CB. typed up a HelloWorld. Clicked Compile.. Got the notice that this source has not been compiled before. Clicked OK

NOTHING

No Compiling, No Log Nothing!

I am used to using CB in Windows and would like to do the same on OP

If you wish I can type up a step by step to getting C::B compiling stuff on Pandora?

>> If you wish I can type up a step by step to getting C::B compiling stuff on Pandora?

Thanks PokeParadox. It was a corrupt setup. I deleted CDevTool and C:Bs appdata and reran. It works now. thanks. I also am starting at the beginning to learn things so I am using nano and the cli. fun and educational.

Now I am also working on trying to compile xiphos for the pandora and got both libraries and the main program too compile and install. Now the gui is giving me the problem above at #80.

./waf is not getting the g++ version number it seems but I am not an expert on linux yet as you all are ;-) Except those guys on irc that couldnt help (except sebt3 and charcoal).

just tried this on a new clean system, git gives

git: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

not an immediate issue. but maybe the standard install has changed a little...

Last edited by a moderator:
just installed and ran the c/c++ pnd on my pandora.

I have not yet looked too much into it, I'm just starting to learn about c/c++ programming, but that is not going to be a problem

Edit: nevermind I fixed the problem.

for some reason after running the c/c++ pnd it put me into the "Building" subcategory.

I turned off subcategories so there was no "back" icon or other indication I was in an submenu. simply pressing 'X' put me back into the main menu.

the minimenu completely failing after recategorizing the last application from an subcategory is kind of kind of concerning though.

After I ran the installer pnd the minimenu doesn't act like it should.

It now only shows the "building" tab with the c/c++ installer, which is strange since it is in the same folder as all the other pnd's

somehow it doesn't see the other categories (including the "all" tab).

recategorizing the c/c++ pnd results in an endlessly segfaulting minimenu(probably because it can't find any applications)

everything else seems to work fine. pnd's show up in the xfce-menu and run like they should.

this is the output of the c/c++ installer pnd

Code:
[SIZE=10px]<useless log>

[/SIZE]

there doesn't seem to be anything wrong here

CDEVTOOLS: The Wonder and the Glory!

I have to say THANK YOU for this great PND! It is so easy to use! Just pnd_run cdevtools pnd and I get a working development environment with all the libs I needed without touching the NAND and base system. WOW! It even saves my development files when i quit. Super job with this.

Great!, glad to see an update to this.. Also Welcome back Freamon!

Oh drat, wheres libGLES-dev?

See repo description:

C/C++ compiler, with libraries for SDL, X11, QT and GTK+. Includes make, qmake, cmake, pkg-config, git and svn. Interim release: rebuilt for compatibility with SuperZaxxon 1.51. (git now works), but some stuff that was there before (e.g. Allegro, libGLES-dev) hasn't been added back yet.

jeff

I noticed on the old version that the starter script takes up 98% cpu (in top). Pressing ctrl-c in the start terminal doesnt seem to hurt anything.

If you are like me and keep the dev environment active all the time, this tip might save battery for you.

I noticed on the old version that the starter script takes up 98% cpu (in top). Pressing ctrl-c in the start terminal doesnt seem to hurt anything.

This was my unwise attempt to ensure the pnd unmounted properly if you had another terminal open. It's not there anymore.

---------------------------

I've added GLES-dev and Allegro back again.

Allegro is still only 4.4 - if anyone can find or compile Allegro 5, I'll stick that in aswell

I tested GLES-dev with Pickle's Zquake, sebt3's Darkplaces and Torpor's WakeBreaker and they all compiled without errors.

However, Zquake is the only one that actually ran successfully after.

For Darkplaces, I svn'd the source, reverted to 11832, applied the patch, compiled it, set the nubs to 'absolute', but it aborted with a memory corruption error.

For WakeBreaker, I downloaded it and compiled it, but it just hung there when I tried to run it.

I don't know enough about programming to know whether the problems are in the toolchain, or in the source code.

I tried to compile Allegro 5 a while ago for the Pandora, but I failed. Might have another go sometime.

Thanks for the update!

freamon, you are awesome. Soon as I get my Pandoras back up and running I'll dig in and give you some feedback ..

Did anyone happen to try python setuptools inside cdevtools? I've got some rediculously hairy frameworks I'd like to use in a project (and a crosscompiler setup would be a nightmare for these guys.) I've got a 1ghz unit now, all that delicious RAM ready to be abused...

So, anyone gotten easy_install working inside cdevtools? :) I'll have to give it a shot when I get a moment..

jeff

edit: remotes into old pandora, finds out easy_install is just a sh-script that sets up some python stuff, which in turn invokes gcc and friends. Lets see if I can get it to work remotely :)

Yeah, I've put setuptools in cdevtools - it's how I done the PNDs for radiotray, gPodder and eMeSeNe.

Setuptools can be added by running 'addipk http://www.angstrom-distribution.org/feeds/unstable/ipk/glibc/armv7a/python/python-setuptools_0.6c9-ml0.3_armv7a.ipk' or copy /etc/opkg/python-feed.conf to /mnt/utmp/cdevtools1000/etc/opkg/ and run opkg -o $CDEVROOT update, and then you could just do 'addipk python-setuptools').

PYTHONPATH would need to be $CDEVROOT/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages

For stuff that needs compiling, you'll need to change the top-level Makefile in /usr/lib/python2.6/config so CC equals arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc -specs ../../init/cdevspecsfile.

There's a new version of cdevtools in the pipeline that includes Python stuff, and doesn't require changing anything in the OS - I'll upload it after I've finished pissing about trying to get the new version of gPodder to work.

run opkg -o $CDEVROOT update, and then you could just do 'addipk python-setuptools'
Is it possible to add this to the startup script of the PND? That way any libraries we want to use with dev is a simple case of copy and addipk? I'm assuming this makes it accessible from within C++DevTools, but not install to the system, or am I wrong on this?

I Actually just pulled the setuptools egg down, worked easy.

cython built out of the box as well .. you might want to toss that in, but starting to get out of control?

But if you want a list of awesome sauce ;) These are the ones I've been building a lot the last year..

- setuptools

- cython

- python-pygame

- python-opengl

- python-gst0.10 (gstreamer for video playback in python, win :)

- python-enchant

- gstreamer0.10-plugins-good

- python-dev

- libgl1-mesa-dev <- not sure if needed

- mesa-utils (I think its called, I forget, I'm in Debian land lately so using those names) -- includes glxinfo and glxgears and such <- maybe not needed

- libgles2-mesa-dev <- not sure if needed

jeff

Back