C64 Emulator Help

salemfrost7800

Still Fresh
Hello, I am using the C64 VICE and I am playing CASTLES OF DR. CREEP, the "restore" button isn't work correctly, it's supposed to "kill" you if you get trapped in aroom but it doesn't...can anyone help????

I tried Frodo but it won't play CASTLES OF DR. CREEP at all.

Thanks,

SalemFrost

Weird. What button on your GP2X do you push to press the restore button on the virtual keyboard?

I tried this game on vice and it got stuck on a screen telling me how to open and go through doors

chaozz said:
Weird. What button on your GP2X do you push to press the restore button on the virtual keyboard?
Yes, although I have tried several combinations of buttons and nothing seems to work

foleyjo said:
I tried this game on vice and it got stuck on a screen telling me how to open and go through doors
When you get to the title screen press run/stop on the virtual keyboard and you can than choose from 13 castles to go into, the game defaults to the tutorial.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I will just have to wait for the Gameport before I can play THE CASTLES OF DR. CREEP while on the go....

The GP2X is still good for some MAME games and Atari 2600 but thats about it and once GAMEPORT comes out MAME will be the only reason to own a GP2X.

The GP2X is still good for some MAME games and Atari 2600 but thats about it and once GAMEPORT comes out MAME will be the only reason to own a GP2X.

The only reason??! There are too many things you could say here! I'll just mention a few: Genesis, PC_Engine, SNES, GBA, Homebrew, Community. In fact, I can't see anything the 'gameport' can do which the GP2X can't. It seems to be the other way around.

Having said that I welcome new gadgets on the scene, but seriously you are underusing your GP2X if you only use it for MAME!

sataniC Virus said:

The only reason??! There are too many things you could say here! I'll just mention a few: Genesis, PC_Engine, SNES, GBA, Homebrew, Community. In fact, I can't see anything the 'gameport' can do which the GP2X can't. It seems to be the other way around.

Having said that I welcome new gadgets on the scene, but seriously you are underusing your GP2X if you only use it for MAME!

I was going to use it for video also but I only get sound and no picture with AVI not sure why.

But as for a gaming device it seems limited, not all games work, several MAME games and atleast one C64 (these are games I wanted to play and can't)

I would like to try the PC Engine and a few other things but I am afraid I am setting myself up for more disappointment...I hope your right!!!

PC Engine is full speed with pretty good sound too. Shame about your video's - have you tried a few avi's? They should work no probs - it should scale them for you no matter what the resolution. Hope you do not have a defective unit!

I use mine for video's and emulation wise Genesis, Neo Geo & PC Engine are my favourites. Have fun trtying them out and hope you get your video issues sorted out :)

salemfrost7800 said:
Hello, I am using the C64 VICE and I am playing CASTLES OF DR. CREEP, the "restore" button isn't work correctly, it's supposed to "kill" you if you get trapped in aroom but it doesn't...can anyone help????

I tried Frodo but it won't play CASTLES OF DR. CREEP at all.

Thanks,

SalemFrost
Just wondering if anyone has found a fix for this problem.

Thanks, Tim

Back