Caanoo Battery

dirk roosen

Still Fresh
hello
is it normal that the Battery only lasts 1 hour and then + - 4 hours to recharge?

I get around 4 to 7 hours play time also.
It also depends what programs you are running,
At the moment a lot of programs are using too much cpu and ram which means it drains the battery faster.
I would wait for the firmware updates and the updates to the software/games that will follow that will fix the issue. Always configure games to run on lowest specs it can possibly run smoothly at

You can charge your USB devices faster with a adapter you can get at your local computer store that you plug into the wall, you can also get ones that plug into your cars power point(the lighter)

3djake said:
I get around 4 to 7 hours play time also.
It also depends what programs you are running,
At the moment a lot of programs are using too much cpu and ram which means it drains the battery faster.
I would wait for the firmware updates and the updates to the software/games that will follow that will fix the issue. Always configure games to run on lowest specs it can possibly run smoothly at

You can charge your USB devices faster with a adapter you can get at your local computer store that you plug into the wall, you can also get ones that plug into your cars power point(the lighter)

I run ohboy, MAME and wolf3d but everything is on a USBstick

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only guess that your USBStick drains the battery too much.

I a similar problem on the Wiz when i have the Wireless adapter attatched. The battery is empty in almost no time, but i still can play fully charged for a few hours.

Ever tried with an SD Card?

roosen said:
... everything is on a USBstick

Oh yeah ... that USB stick has gotta be powered to work. It's like charging batteries off your Caanoo's battery.

roosen said:
I run ohboy, MAME and wolf3d but everything is on a USBstick

That might be your problem right there

Yep. It seems that the baterry is drained too fast.
I haven't counted it yet but I think I was playing picodrive for 2-3 hours and that's it.

Another thing, I am not sure yet, I think someone else mentioned it somewhere, I had my batteries almost fully charged and kept my Caanoo closed and in my pocket. When I opened it later in the day they were totally drained. Damn! Except if it was accidentally switched on in my pocket. I don't know yet, it seems strange..

Optimus said:
Another thing, I am not sure yet, I think someone else mentioned it somewhere, I had my batteries almost fully charged and kept my Caanoo closed and in my pocket. When I opened it later in the day they were totally drained. Damn! Except if it was accidentally switched on in my pocket. I don't know yet, it seems strange..

Hi,
I have the same problem. My Caanoo is fully charged, I let it for one or two day without playing it, when I switch it on the battery is drained. I don't how if the Caanoo uses the battery to keep the clock on time ?

When I first for my caanoo I found that it held its charge quite poorly while turned off but it's gotten considerably better since then.

u9i said:
Maybe the battery gets better after a few charge/discharges.

it does, but the discharge while off thing does take place, and I can average about 4-5 hours if I start playing right off the charger, If I wait 24 hour or so I might be lucky to get 1-2 hours out of it.

The battery drain is significant.

naquadax said:
Optimus said:

Hi,
I have the same problem. My Caanoo is fully charged, I let it for one or two day without playing it, when I switch it on the battery is drained. I don't how if the Caanoo uses the battery to keep the clock on time ?

this happened to me a few times, im wondering if its something to do with the firmware

badmonkeyfinger said:
naquadax said:
Optimus said:

Hi,

this happened to me a few times, im wondering if its something to do with the firmware

I am geting this issue again. It's totally retarded. One would assume power OFF is OFF.
Even the NDS has better power management than this!!! :(

Any solutions for this problem??

Ive noticed this too recently.

I didnt notice it before I updated to 1.0.6

With the latest firmware, the problem is still present. I found this on the fungp website (Customer Center --> FAQ) :

"Subject When I try to turn it on 2~3 days after charing it fully, the battery is already dead.
Every electronic device consumes a little bit of power even during power off. Likewise, a device that uses rechargable battery consumes power from it. Therefore it is quite normal for a battery to be discharged after a while. If it happens you can recharge and reuse it."

:(

naquadax said:
With the latest firmware, the problem is still present. I found this on the fungp website (Customer Center --> FAQ) :

"Subject When I try to turn it on 2~3 days after charing it fully, the battery is already dead.
Every electronic device consumes a little bit of power even during power off. Likewise, a device that uses rechargable battery consumes power from it. Therefore it is quite normal for a battery to be discharged after a while. If it happens you can recharge and reuse it."

:(

It has nothing to do with the firmware and ususally it doesn't happen, I am on FW 1.0.6 and I don't experience such a massive battery drain when I turn on my Caanoo after a few days. From what you describe, it is a faulty unit.

Back