Caanoo dead after downgrade

kayuz

I opted for a downgrade of the Caanoo, unfortunately it went bad and now I cannot turn it on.
What I can do? Thx

Not turn on, as in "unable to re-flash while holding R button?". You might have bricked it.
Did you use an older Fat32 formatted SD card? (You should use a low capacity sd card for reflashing. 1 or 2 GB ones)

I do not have a Caanoo myself. But by now, the battery could be crappy. Did you try to just leave it charging a few hours. Does the caanoo get hot?

Also try this if you have a cable:
Plug it on your PC with your USB cable and turn it on. Does it come up in USB-media mode?

And if it is really bricked, then maybe it can be revived by EvilDragon, you would need to send it to the shop (but ask first if he has the devkit for it that connects to the GPIO pins to reflash in that way). Not sure.

Maybe if you dig more in the forums you can find other methods:

Last edited:
Not turn on, as in "unable to re-flash while holding R button?". You might have bricked it.
Did you use an older Fat32 formatted SD card? (You should use a low capacity sd card for reflashing. 1 or 2 GB ones)

I do not have a Caanoo myself. But by now, the battery could be crappy. Did you try to just leave it charging a few hours. Does the caanoo get hot?

Also try this if you have a cable:
Plug it on your PC with your USB cable and turn it on. Does it come up in USB-media mode?

And if it is really bricked, then maybe it can be revived by EvilDragon, you would need to send it to the shop (but ask first if he has the devkit for it that connects to the GPIO pins to reflash in that way). Not sure.

Maybe if you dig more in the forums you can find other methods:
Thank you for replying.
My caanoo is presumably broken because if connected to PC it only shows red led, some years ago I wrote also to ED.
He told me that Gph had sure a special JTAG cable that can be used to put the console in a mode that allows to rewrite bootloader and so unbrick the console. Maybe its just a normal Caanoo cable that can be adjusted to become that jtag one.
Unfortunately the manufacturer disappeared and no traces are found nowadays.
I tried with different SD but no difference. The thing I did, remember perfectly, was to downgrade from 1.6.1 to the very first version. What an error....

An update, I wrote to the company that was in charge for warranty and technical repair for Europe, ptn global. I asked them if they have a cable or something still for caanoo, I wrote to their Germany and SouthKorean email... let's see if I reach any help. ;)

Just checked ebay how much a Caannoo would cost and maybe spare you the trouble. Amazing what prices they ask sometimes. Just waiting for that one rich fool I guess.

Back